What a DEAL!!!

IResQU

Thank you for the info!! That still makes it a GREAT deal!!!! That would make my round trip from KC to FTL around $130 with luggage!! I always have a layover somewhere so why not make it Columbus and save the $$..ty

Before you plunk down your cash.....

Skybus only operates point-to-point service. What that means is that you are purchasing two separate tickets. The result is that the flights are completely independent, and there is NO protection for the second flight if there is any problem with the first one. From the Skybus website:

Currently, Skybus does not offer any connecting flights (for example, from Los Angeles through Columbus to Boston). And we don’t offer flights between our destination cities (for example, between Los Angeles and San Francisco).

Please note: It’s possible to create your own multi-point Trip through our Columbus and Greensboro bases, but we don’t recommend it. Our flight schedules are very tight, and you may miss your connection. If you do create your own multi-point Trip, please keep the following in mind:

• You must move your baggage between flights. If you create your own multi-point Trip, you must collect your own baggage at each stop and re-check it yourself – Skybus does not move your bags automatically. For more information, see our Help Center section on baggage.
  • Leave enough time between flights. If you book a multi-point Trip, we recommend that you allow at least two hours between your flights. This will help ensure that you have enough time to retrieve and re-check your bags, and be at your gate in time. All of our check in and gate deadlines still apply if you purchase multiple flights.

I would take their advice and not go MCI-CMH-JAX. Too many pitfalls unless you have adequate contingency plans and are flexible to handle delays that could be several days (Skybus will only work to put you on an available seat that they have, with no provision for when that might be. Read the fine print on their website.)

Almost all airlines charge extra for food now, except for on international flights.

Every other airline I know allows you to bring your own food and drink on board for consumption. Skybus prohibits that. Whether they confiscate it if they see you eating, or if they call ahead to have the police arrest you or ignore it is anyone's guess. I don't live where they fly.

And as was posted, just wait for a hiccup in their system - not many extra planes to get you where you are going.

Lastly, be sure to charge your ticket on a credit card for a small degree of protection. Think Maxjet. Startup airlines are very prone to stop operating at very short notice.

John

Archived