Enchantment vs Celebrity Century

Am really torn as to what to do

DH and I are escaping for a 4 night cruise in April (ie no kids- 8 months and 3 yrs)

Between the Century and the Enchantment more based on dates than anything else---

I do like that Enchantment goes to Coco cay--we are big beach fans

but from what I am reading Century is a bit "nicer" is this the case?

We have sailed Carnival Paradise together and I have sailed Costa and am leaving in 3 weeks on another Carnival

I like that Century cabin size is closer to what we had on Carnival (176 sq ft) but Enchantment was recently refurbed--

Also-- quality of food is really really important to DH----

Thanks for the help

Laura

Am really torn as to what to do

DH and I are escaping for a 4 night cruise in April (ie no kids- 8 months and 3 yrs)

Between the Century and the Enchantment more based on dates than anything else---

I do like that Enchantment goes to Coco cay--we are big beach fans

but from what I am reading Century is a bit "nicer" is this the case?

We have sailed Carnival Paradise together and I have sailed Costa and am leaving in 3 weeks on another Carnival

I like that Century cabin size is closer to what we had on Carnival (176 sq ft) but Enchantment was recently refurbed--

Also-- quality of food is really really important to DH----

Thanks for the help

Laura

I would choose Enchantment of the Seas. I've heard a lot of complaints about Century recently over on the Celebrity boards. I've never had a bad cruise on Enchantment. Just my humble opinion.

No offense to kewlguy, I respect all fellow cruisers, but I have to disagree. Out of all of our cruises, we liked the Enchantment the least. If you asked me to put my finger on why, and I know this will sound lame, call in the feng shui of the ship. It just was not all that for us. We cruised her post-stretch and just didn't like it. It was just ok (though I did like the metal "bridges" on the pool deck - they were cool). In contrast, we have sailed the Century once (before the refurb) and are booked to sail her again in February. Loved this ship before last year's refurb, and the spruce up job they did has been receiving rave reviews.

As for itinerary differences, there are more beach-type choices in Cozumel. Coco Cay is nice, but when all is said and done, it's just a beach with a bunch of different things to do. In Coz, you might go on a beach excursion, return to the port, and then get the chance to explore Coz a little on your own. In other words, head to Carlos & Charlies for some drinks! With Coco Cay, it's either a beach or the ship.

Before you make a final decision, check on X's website for their Cozumel excursions. That should help you decide.

Sorry, Laura. Now you have one vote for each.

Laura - it's been a few years since we've been on the Century but I just sailed Enchantment in December and if food is a priority, Celebrity wins on all counts. The menus, dining experience, selection and presentation were much nicer on Century. It seemed we only had a few choices for dinner, where on Celebrity you have about 5 different entrees to choose from. I also like that you are served by the staff from the buffet on Celebrity, whereas on the Enchantment you serve yourself and twice I found people just grabbing a handful of fries from the tray! Another small (but big in my eyes) difference was the towels - we had no pool attendant so had to bring the towels from our stateroom (although someone told me they had been on other cruises where there was someone handing out towels every day). The towels also were just standard size, not the huge beach towels you are given to use on Celebrity. It was a fun atmosphere with an amazingly friendly crew on Enchantment and I would sail her again but given the choice between the two I would defnitely go with Century.

Laura - saw on the Celebrity board you are leaning towards Enchantment mainly because of Coco Cay. Cozumel has Paradise Beach where you can have a great beach day. Coco Cay was really nice but getting into the water was not the best - seaweed and lots of rocks. If you have sailed Celebrity before and food was a priority I still think you should reconsider Century. Have a great cruise no matter which you sail :)

Archived