Shore excursions

warmwinds

We usually see them about 6 months or more ahead. But sometimes they tend to be seasonal and the first cruises of a season (like the first Alaska cruise of the season) don't necessarily have the excursions posted much sooner than the trips of the same or similar itinerary.

Last summer, while looking for excursions on our upcoming 1/26 cruise, I had the same problem, so I called =X= and was told they are now posting excursion information when the cruises are four months out, rather than six.

I won't use =X= for excursions because their prices are high for what you get compared to local tour operators, but having the list of various excursions in front of me gives me a better idea of what is available that can be had somewhere else.

We are booking shore excursions mostly through Celebrity for our Galaxy S. Carib trip as we are unfamiliar with all but one of the ports and we get a little nervous about time issues. Anyway, just note that when you first see excursions listed, often more excursions are added as time goes on. For example, for one of our ports, when the excursions finally were listed I was disappointed that no snorkeling trips were scheduled. Well, three weeks later I checked again and more excursions had been listed for that port including two different snorkeling excursions. Calling the excursion desk seems to be of little help because when I called asking about snorkeling, the person I spoke to said that none show because they are probably sold out (which I thought was ridiculous since none had ever been listed). Of course, 3 weeks later, there they were. So, just keep checking back if for the first month you don't see what you want.

Archived