What should/can we all do before the cruise? book restaurants?

InGearX

We are going on the Gem on Jan 5th...

I am curious as to what we can/should we do before the cruise? besides the regular things like packing, etc... the unique things that one might not know immediately off hand...

From what I have found out:

* We order a "bar setup" by calling cruise coordinator (basically you buy as many of 1 liter of your favorite alcohol at 3x the store price, but 1/20th of what it would cost at bar; it will be in your cabin on arrival; must be paid for at lest 1 week prior)

* I know we should fill out the "Advance Guest Registration" (https://www.ncl.com/nclweb/secure/bookedGuestLanding.html) I guess this saves time at the dock?...

* I guess we can research and book excursions? http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/shorexLanding.html

*** Can we book the restaurants by any chance? Or we can do that as soon as we get on board? or maybe there is some special ship # that we can call?

*** What else can/should we do?

Thank you all...

In Gear - Since you're leaving Saturday, it's probably too late to do anything but pack. You'll have to wait until you're onboard to book dinner reservations, shore excursions, etc. But do make sure all the necessary forms are completed as that will save you time at embarkation.

Have a great time!

In Gear - Since you're leaving Saturday, it's probably too late to do anything but pack. You'll have to wait until you're onboard to book dinner reservations, shore excursions, etc. But do make sure all the necessary forms are completed as that will save you time at embarkation.

Have a great time!

well any suggestions for other cruisers or for next time are OK...

"it's probably too late to do anything but pack"

what falls under the "anything" part - what else is available / possible to do for next time if one has lots of time?

As far as I know - I listed everything that I know of - was there anything else?

Thank you ...

Since you're wondering about possible future cruises, specialty dining rooms can only be booked on board (that's presently-but rules change)

actually you can book early with a cruise coordinator if you have a group of people ... and I'm sure rules change if you have an expensive cabin - they bring the dishes right to your room...

actually you can book early with a cruise coordinator if you have a group of people ... and I'm sure rules change if you have an expensive cabin - they bring the dishes right to your room...
Well, you've taught me something. I had no idea groups could book specialty restaurants before they arrived on the ship. Has anyone else heard about the $$$ cabins being able to book the specialty restaurants before getting aboard? That's a new one to me, too (but then I don't book those cabins :D).

Archived