Recent Serenaders - Who's the entertainment?

kitty1

Kitty,

My husband and I returned last Sunday from the Serenade (boo hoo!). Did not see all of the shows, but here is what they did have for entertainment on our cruise:

Day 1 - Phil Palisoul (comic)

Day 2 - Tony Tilllman (singer/entertainer) Good show!

Day 3 - David Pengelly (entertainer/singer/humorist) Another good show.

Day 4 - Juggling comic (did not make that show)

Day 5 - Mack ad amie (comedy) pretty food show

Day 6 - The Royal Caribean Singers and dancers (did not make that show)Day 7 - Phil Palisoul again. Did not make that show. Trying to pack!

In addition, the band in the safari club (Dreamscape) was pretty good. Thursday night in the Safari Club, they had The Quest, a scavenger hunt type game. We never laughed so hard the entire cruise.

When are you cruising?

Diane

Thanks Diane,

Did you enjoy your cruise?

We did the Southern Caribbean last Nov on the Serenade and are going back on Nov 13. We had a greatr time last year. It's a beautiful ship.

Wanted to know if the entertainment was different this year from last year. Looks like it is.

Who is the current Capt and CD on the Serenade? Do you know when the last time they switched was? They tend to switch every 6 months or so. Just wondering who they will be when we sail.

Hi kitty,

We had a great time on our cruise. It was my husband's choice to go to Alaska and i am so glad we did.

The captainof the ship is Stig Nilsen and the Cruise Director is Tim Seivert Not sure how long either hae been on Serenade, but the captain has been with RCCL since 1994.

One thing that I did hear about the entertainment was that the Royal Caribbean Singers and Dancers were all new on our cruise. Don't know how that show was as we did not see it.

I take it you will be on the Serenade again in November. Yes, it is a beautiful ship . Which ports will you be stopping in?

We are definitely thinking of another cruise next year. Can't decide which we would like to do. I would like to do the Panama Canal, Hawaii or a a Caribbean cruise. My husband would like to repeat the Alaska cruise, but do a cruisetour rather than just the inside passage. And, we will definitely have a balcony room next time instead of just a window. This was our first cruise and we are definitely hooked!

Diane

Hi Diane,

We are doing the Southern Caribbean out of San Juan. Supposed to go to St Thomas, St Maarten, Antigua, St Lucia and Barbados. Of course that can change with the hurricanes.

Next year we'd like to go to the Mediterranean. Not sure if it will happen because it's a little more expensive.

Sounds like the Serenade has already changed their entertainment line up.

Perhaps they are preparing for the Hawaii/Panama/Craibbean itineraries.

We went 8/22 and had the wonderful pleasure {sarcasm} of an act where the guy balanced on little ladders. No lie, the whole show was him balancing on ladders and his assistant running around waving her arms: "TA DA" !!

I am happy to hear that the entertainment is improving.

Take care, Bill

Kitty,

I was on the same cruise with Diane (Hi, Diane!) and I did see the new troupe of singers and dancers and thought they were quite good. This was their first performance as a group.

wblynch, We also had the "little ladder" guy. He was ok, but this was probably one of the weaker shows.

For me, the standout was Tony Tillman. He really worked his b*** off to entertain us. Amazing energy.

I tend to love live entertainment of any kind and am not too picky, so I enjoyed all the shows just some more than others.

Enjoy your cruise!!

Diane,

Stig Nilson was the capt of the Serenade during our cruise last Nov. Think this is his 3rd rotation on this ship. Wonder if he will still be there in Nov.

Did you attend the meet the captain cocktail party? He looked like a bum that night. They were taking everyone's picture with him and he didn't shave. In our picture he looked 2 sheets to the wind. Didn't buy that picture.

Allen Brooks was the CD last year. He was great. They threw in him the pool during the last day at sea. Don't know where he is now.

We just returned from the Sept 5 Alaska cruise & did see Phil Palisoul. He was great! Also saw the Serenade singers & dancers. Our reaction to them was mixed. Parts of their performane were good; others dragged. We really enjoyed the strings (can't recall the name of the group) who played several evenings in the Lobby Lounge before early seating dinner.

We just returned from the Sept 5 Alaska cruise & did see Phil Palisoul. He was great! Also saw the Serenade singers & dancers. Our reaction to them was mixed. Parts of their performane were good; others dragged. More often, we enjoyed the strings (can't recall the name of the group) who played several late afternoons in the Lobby Lounge before early seating dinner.

We didn't attend the Captain's reception either. Unfortunately, we missed alot of the entertainment and other stuff on board because we were so tired. We got into Vancouver the day of the cruise and we were just wiped out. It took us a good part of the week to get on track. We were asleep the first night pretty early but were awake around 3 a.m. the next morning. Arriving the day of the cruise is not an option for me the next time we cruise from the west coast.

I agree with Laura (Rala) about Tony Tilman. He put on a spectacular show. I am so glad we did not miss that one! The comic we saw was good and Mack and Jamie were good, but I thought a little slow getting started. The Quest was by far the funniest entertainment. We had tears rolling down our cheeks! Next time, I want to be a part of that one.

We have watched the video that we took during the cruise and have looked at our pictures at least two dozen times since we've been home. (2 weeks)

Have started looking at possibilities for the next one.

Have a good week!

Diane

Archived