Classic Southern Caribbean - Cabin Selection

ABG

I am thinking of booking the Classic Southern Caribbean on the Crown for April 2008. I have sailed on the Caribbean Princess twice and both times had a BA balcony on the Caribe deck. I am trying to decide between booking a balcony again or booking the cheaper outside cabin. The reason I am considering this is because there is only one sea day and I assume we will stay busy visiting all of the ports and not have as much time to enjoy the balcony. I just wanted to get opinions if it's worth an extra $700-$800 for the balcony for this itinerary. Thank you!

I am thinking of booking the Classic Southern Caribbean on the Crown for April 2008. I have sailed on the Caribbean Princess twice and both times had a BA balcony on the Caribe deck. I am trying to decide between booking a balcony again or booking the cheaper outside cabin. The reason I am considering this is because there is only one sea day and I assume we will stay busy visiting all of the ports and not have as much time to enjoy the balcony. I just wanted to get opinions if it's worth an extra $700-$800 for the balcony for this itinerary. Thank you!

Hi ABG,

my DH and I just finished a b2b on the Crown and out of the 14 days only had 2 sea days; 1 each week. IMHO this is probably one of the only itineraries that I would have to admit and say a balcony is really not worth the extra $$$. I would not hesitate about getting an outside oceanview.

But do me a favor, please don't tell my DH or he'll never let me forget what I've just said:D :eek:.

Personally I believe the balcony cabin (especially Caribe deck) is always worth the extra. We LOVE sitting on the balcony in the evenings, winding down, listening to the waves and visiting. That is probably our favorite part of the whole cruise. But each person has different ideas about what they like. If you honestly don't think you will spend much time out there, then book an outside for this cruise and give it a try. I also have motion issues and it helps me tremendously to be able to step outside and feel the breeze on my face and watch the horizon.

Coffee in the morning and cocktails in the evening...all on the balcony. To me, this is my "cruise perfection". No matter what the itinerary. However if you are an intense "shore excursion" person, perhaps the extra $ could be spent on that.

Coffee in the morning and cocktails in the evening...all on the balcony. To me, this is my "cruise perfection". No matter what the itinerary. However if you are an intense "shore excursion" person, perhaps the extra $ could be spent on that.

Thanks for the comments!

This will be my first time to four of the ports and I'm planning on spending most of the day there. That's why I was considering saving the money...to be able to do shore excursions.

Hi ABG,

my DH and I just finished a b2b on the Crown and out of the 14 days only had 2 sea days; 1 each week. IMHO this is probably one of the only itineraries that I would have to admit and say a balcony is really not worth the extra $$$. I would not hesitate about getting an outside oceanview.

But do me a favor, please don't tell my DH or he'll never let me forget what I've just said:D :eek:.

Hopefully your husband does not browse through this thread.:D

Another part to my question...are the balcony and outside cabins the same size? The website says that the outside oceanview cabins are up to 194 sq. ft and the balconies are up to 285 sq. ft, including the balcony. But what about the actual room and bathroom?

I would always choose the balcony....it is a great place to enjoy the morning coffee and watch the ship sail into the port and is also a great place for a cocktail before heading out to dinner. We hardly ever use ours on sea days during the day.

If you are looking at the April 5 sailing, come on over to our Roll Call and join in. We have quite an active bunch and lots of shore activities planned in each port.

We just came off of a 24 day voyage having a balcony. It was great because the the number of sea days, but for a Caribbean cruise, I take an inside and do twice the number of cruise days for the same amount of money.....14 instead of 7 or 20 instead of 10.

Archived