Serenade v Crown Princess v Summit

crewmom24

We are planning to take our whole family on a S. Caribbean cruise over Spring Break in a couple months and I'm trying to decide between Serenade of the Seas, the Crown Princess, and Celebrity Summit. This will be the first cruise for any of the kids. The Serenade of the Seas is quite a bit more expensive than the others and I wonder if it is worth it. My kids are 15, 13, 3 1/2, and 18 months. I am more concerned that the older 2 have a good time because I think the 3 yo will enjoy anything and I am hoping for one that offers babysitting occasionally for my youngest. We were thinking we would get 2 rooms either adjoining or one Oceanview or Balcony and the other across the hall as an interior.

What do you all think and which ship would you think would be best? I have probably spent 25 hours researching and obsessing over this.

My husband and I have been on 2 cruises. NCL 1995 and I think it was Celebrity in 2000

When our children were teenagers we cruised both of these lines. In my opinion Princess probably has the better of the youth programs but Celelbrity also does a nice job. There will be children on both cruises. For adults, I think Celebrity is the better of the two.

If the prices were the same and the focus is on the children then I might have said go with Princess. But if the Princess cruise is more expensive and you want to spend less than I really do think the children would have a nice enough time on Celebrity. We took our children on six Celebrity cruises over the year and three cruises with Princess and they have very nice memories of both cruise lines.

Keith

Of the three you mentioned- I would pick Seranade of the Seas.

I have sailed the Celebrity Millenium Class ships and they are probably my favorite- however, I was on Brilliance (sister to Serenade) and I think that Royal Caribbean offers more to teens. RCL also has incabin sitting for your 18 month old. The youth program was good on RC but not as good as Celebrity. Celebrity and RC have incabin babysitting.

Princess is out because they do not offer any babysitting for the 18 month old.

I would concur with RCCI. They have much more for teens and their kids program is better than Celebrity. I've found Celebrity tends to be geared more towards adults, although during spring break, there will be more kids on X. Princess does not have in cabin sitting, but RCCI and Celebrity provide that option.

If cost wasn't a factor, I'd go with Serenade -- but since it's a bit more expensive, I'd book on Princess. Celebrity is geared more toward adults and would be a great cruise for you and DH, but not with the kids.

Good luck and tell us what you decide.

• 3 weeks later...
If cost wasn't a factor, I'd go with Serenade -- but since it's a bit more expensive, I'd book on Princess. Celebrity is geared more toward adults and would be a great cruise for you and DH, but not with the kids.

Good luck and tell us what you decide.

Agreed, Princess is great!

Archived