Concierge Room on QM2

zackdog

The concierge will make restaurant and spa reservations for you, and deal with queries that non-Grills passengers have to take to the Purser's Desk. There is also a member of the tour staff based in the concierge room to take bookings for Grills class passengers. Tea, coffee and biscuits are available in the Concierge Lounge, together with newspapers and magazines. It's not a room where you would want to spend too many hours, though, as it is enclosed and has no windows to look out of.

Jusr got off the QM2 yesterday. The concierge lounge was very useful. It always has tea and coffee, sandwiches/cookies/cake depending on the time of day. The staff take care of all the nuisance things that you have to do at the pursers or travel office in a much more detailed and interested manner than is normally the case. We had a complaint about a couple of the tours and the travel person took detailed notes and read them back to ascertain that she had taken it down correctly. Addtionally the shopping guide visits at certain hours and my wife found her most useful. At first I thought it would be a dinky little operation but as the days passed I found it more useful as well as saving my legs on this big ship.

I have noticed this room located on Deck 9.

Can anyone tell me what is its purpose and what is available there.

I am travelling in the Queens Grill suite in this deck.

Thanks

the concierge ( personal assistant) are there to help you make reservations, confirm flights or ground transportation, answer questions, give advise, exchange monies, get tickets for a show or any thing else that would make you visit more enjoyable

It is also a quiet place to have a cup of tea or coffee and a cookie.

They even had free seasickness pills for my wife on one occaison

Only available to PG &QG pax

No, all money (cash) transactions are directly with the Purser's office: Deck 2.

Also note, Concierge Lounge only opens at 8am.

Alan

Not so the concierge cashed $100 bills for us several times so that we may have smaller bills and not have to stand in line for the purser

Not so the concierge cashed $100 bills for us several times so that we may have smaller bills and not have to stand in line for the purser

Hello 2moose,

On our recent sailing on the QM2, the Concierge would not cash anything for us (Girlie). However, our last time with Susan as Concierge, she would go out of her way to provide us with these services.

Luck of the draw?!?

Alan

Archived