Spirit question

wskon

By NCL policy, wine is not allowed to be brought aboard unless you pay a $15 fee per bottle (corkage fee). This is not to say it isn't done by any means... just read any of the massive threads about bringing alcohol on board to see what I mean.

"Big" is rather subjective... I would estimate the portholes are between 24 and 36 inches in diameter (not having measured them). Basically they are round windows, not picture windows.

That is a tough question. I much prefer the picture windows on deck 4 and 5 amidships than the portholes forward and aft on those decks. The portholes do give you a view, but its not as nice or as large as a picture window. Whether the portholes are too small for you is up to you.

Are the portholes on deck 4 and 5 small or big? Also can you take wine aboard in your carryon and also pepsi's. Thanks, Sandy

If you're in a cabin with portholes, they will be small.

But most cabins on Decks 4 and 5 have windows, which are fairly large.

nspiritb.jpg

Note, only the forward most cabins have port holes.

The larger floor to ceiling windows are for the Main Restaurants, visible in this photo.

norwegian_spirit.jpg

electricron

Thank you for the photos. But I have asked my online TA and NCL rep and they say that Deck 4 - Room 4496 is a port hole.

I do appreciate your wisdom with answering questions on this board - but have you stayed on Deck 4 on the spirit?? or similar ship?? I would prefer the advice of anyone that has stayed on Deck 4 to confirm, rather than the people that I speak with on the phone - Who knows if they have ever seen the ship??

Just would like to know for sure. My TA has advised me that no other rooms are available for my sailing unless I want to move to a balcony for $900 more - so I am staying on Deck 4 unless the upsell fairy decides to call. Other than that, I will just be happy being away from the SF area, especially after the storm we had today.

Again - Thanks to all who give their advice.

electricron

Thank you for the photos. But I have asked my online TA and NCL rep and they say that Deck 4 - Room 4496 is a port hole.

I do appreciate your wisdom with answering questions on this board - but have you stayed on Deck 4 on the spirit?? or similar ship?? I would prefer the advice of anyone that has stayed on Deck 4 to confirm, rather than the people that I speak with on the phone - Who knows if they have ever seen the ship??

Just would like to know for sure. My TA has advised me that no other rooms are available for my sailing unless I want to move to a balcony for $900 more - so I am staying on Deck 4 unless the upsell fairy decides to call. Other than that, I will just be happy being away from the SF area, especially after the storm we had today.

Again - Thanks to all who give their advice.

I've been on the Spirit, on deck 10, I haven't been on deck 4.

4496, per this deck plan, is the fifth oceanview cabin from the bow on deck 4 port side.

9600001000006444_DECKOVER.gif

The Promenade Deck is on Deck 7, the restaurants on Deck 6. Your cabin is two decks below the restaurants, three decks below the Promenade Deck.

Looking at the photos I posted earlier, all the cabins on Deck 4 have small portholes. Just the forward most cabins on Decks 5 and 6 have small portholes, a correction to what I wrote earlier.

By the way, on Deck 5 the last cabin on the port side with a small porthole is the sixth cabin #5612.

On Deck 6, the last cabin on the port side with a small porthole is the fourth cabin #6508

I have been on Deck 4...cabin 4560 and have rebooked it again. Take it from someone who only does balconies, that I was pleasantly surprised with the size of the porthole. The price was great and loved the fact that the lower deck was very stable and didn't feel all the rocking happening above on a stormy day. You are very low so the water will look very close at sea, but I enjoyed that. Also, no one was ever on the elevators because most people were on upper decks, so we always had an empty elevator to get on!

Thank you all for your help and replies. I went ahead and booked cabin 5588 - it has a window. I have never been on NCL and am looking forward to it. I am disappointed that they do not have a piano bar. I have another question. When you bring on wine and pay the corkage fee can you take it to your cabin or do they take it to the dining room?

Thank you all for your help and replies. I went ahead and booked cabin 5588 - it has a window. I have never been on NCL and am looking forward to it. I am disappointed that they do not have a piano bar. I have another question. When you bring on wine and pay the corkage fee can you take it to your cabin or do they take it to the dining room?

Champaign Charlies usually has a piano being played in the atrium aboard the Spirit.

I have been on Deck 4...cabin 4560 and have rebooked it again. Take it from someone who only does balconies, that I was pleasantly surprised with the size of the porthole. The price was great and loved the fact that the lower deck was very stable and didn't feel all the rocking happening above on a stormy day. You are very low so the water will look very close at sea, but I enjoyed that. Also, no one was ever on the elevators because most people were on upper decks, so we always had an empty elevator to get on!

Hi .. did you book deck 4 for the 4/19 cruise? We are also on Deck 4. I never had balcony (this is only our 2nd cruise) but have porthole or some kind of view. I'm in 5402. I've also heard that lower is better. When I booked there weren't any mid ship outside cabins available so went with that. I'll be glad to be away from the crowds too on that deck.;)

Hi .. did you book deck 4 for the 4/19 cruise? We are also on Deck 4. I never had balcony (this is only our 2nd cruise) but have porthole or some kind of view. I'm in 5402. I've also heard that lower is better. When I booked there weren't any mid ship outside cabins available so went with that. I'll be glad to be away from the crowds too on that deck.;)

oops typo ... 4502 (duh)

Thanks PreciousPetal for your input.

I have been in a balcony for my last two cruises and thought I may be booking a regular window - I feel better knowing that I will have sufficient light entering the room.

Thanks electricron for the clarificatin on the deck plans. It helps knowing what to expect.

Yes I am booked again in the same porthole cabin for the 4/19 cruise. Truly we felt nothing of movement down that low...of course we were center-ship, so not sure if that also made the difference. We booked there because I do more than one cruise a year now, want to save a few extra $, and felt that in April it is cool for a balcony on the sea days when I usually use my balcony. The porthole is a nice size...it has a shelf under it the whole width of the cabin, and then curtains that whole width as well. Happy travelling!

Champaign Charlies alternated between a piano player (very good) to the house band (excellent)...some dancing in the hallways, other dancing below on deck 7. always had people around the bar. the music, from this area, drifted around the deck 7 and 8.

Archived