Cabin Selection

Swimfly

Greetings! Is there someplace I can go to check out whether there are any problems associated with the cabins we selected. I use seatguru.com for flights and was hoping there's something similar for cruising.

Thanks!

A general rule of thumb is to check what is above and below the cabins you are looking at as they could pose a sound issue though that isn't always the case. Also, check the location of elevators/stairs, blank spaces on your deck floor - I've never encountered noise from rooms near these items (blank spaces can be crew supply closets/ice machines/etc) but have heard reports of issues. There is no hard and fast rule and for the most part you rarely see issues. As for views/obstructions I usually just book insides so I don't know about that!

Travel agent suggested that we go from Deck 9 to Deck 8 because the cabins available on 9 would be towards the front of the ship. We currently have 8352 and 8654 booked on the Independence but can switch in the next 48 hrs. I just see a lot of people posting Deck 9. On our last cruise we were on Deck 8 and it wasn't a problem but it was a completely different boat.

THANKS!

Travel agent suggested that we go from Deck 9 to Deck 8 because the cabins available on 9 would be towards the front of the ship. We currently have 8352 and 8654 booked on the Independence but can switch in the next 48 hrs. I just see a lot of people posting Deck 9. On our last cruise we were on Deck 8 and it wasn't a problem but it was a completely different boat.

THANKS!

I love 8 or 9, as long as I am in between two floors of cabins rather than public spaces I think you are good. Just checked out those cabins and love them both, practically dead center which you will truly appreciate when you forget something in your cabin and have to walk back to the room. LOL

I love 8 or 9, as long as I am in between two floors of cabins rather than public spaces I think you are good. Just checked out those cabins and love them both, practically dead center which you will truly appreciate when you forget something in your cabin and have to walk back to the room. LOL

Especially on the Independence! We learned quickly on the liberty that even though the ship really didn't feel hugely different then the Voyager class the hallways felt really long, LOL!

I second that thought. We took a cabin mid ship between the 2 elevators thinking this would be easy to get to. With all the up and down and from pants to shorts to swim suits to workout clothes we did a lot of walking in the halls. It was a lot longer than the voyager class ships.

Archived