Easy Fly program on POAm

claudiamcf

We did EasyFly from Pride of America in December and we definitely recommend the program to anyone who is thinking about using it.

If you look at the Freestyle Dailies I scanned, on Tuesday, December 4, it was the first time the Freestyle daily mentioned anything about the EasyFly program. You will get the application form with it on Monday night (I did not scan it because I used it to apply).

On the Form, it asked about what flight number and how many suitcases each person applying will have, the max is two suitcases per person.

Not everybody needs to apply but please note, not everybody will approve either.

You will need some kind of identifications, ie, the passports, from everybody applying the program when handing in the form to the front desk.

On Friday night, you will get an envelop with all the tags and boarding passes if approved. Just use the EasyFly tags and put everything outside the cabin door before you go to sleep on Friday night. Like everybody used this program said before, the next time you see your suitcases will be at your home airport.

NCLA will bill this service to your account like everything you spent on board. You can check your account balances via the TV in the cabin.

One thing I did not see from this CC board before is that they do change the tags from the ones the ship provided somewhere along the transportation to the ones airlines use. The tags the ship provided were not not cleary marked where the final destination will be. I guess NCLA has some sort of internal program to tell which bags goes to which airline and what destination.

Also, no need to worry about the weight restriction imposed by the airlines. Our suitcases were tagged with "HEAVY" by the airlines when we got them at our home airport and no additional charges.

I hope this helps and enjoy the cruise...

Wants2fly

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone remember the cost/person for this service? I used it once getting off the JEWEL in Miami. We had to claim the bags as we got off the ship then have a porter take them to the airline's truck. I think this was just for CUSTOMS, and we would not have to do this for HAWAII.

I thought it was a great service especially if you have a later flight and want somewhere to "store" your bags for the day.

TOM:D

Does anyone remember the cost/person for this service? I used it once getting off the JEWEL in Miami. We had to claim the bags as we got off the ship then have a porter take them to the airline's truck. I think this was just for CUSTOMS, and we would not have to do this for HAWAII.

I thought it was a great service especially if you have a later flight and want somewhere to "store" your bags for the day.

TOM:D

It is $20 per PERSON, and each person can have TWO bags of 50 lb. max each.

So, basically, it is $10 per suitcase.

Leslie

This sounds like a great deal if you've got a late flight. Who wants to carry bags around all day. In addition, you would probably end up paying close to that amount in tips to baggage handlers.

Do you know if Hawaiian, American or ATA are included in the program?

Thanks a lot!

We tried to use this and were denied. You don't find out until Friday. There is no explanation of why you were denied. When you ask the front desk, they say it is like being selected for extra screening by airport security. We only wanted to transfer 2 suitcases so only enrolled 1 person. Maybe we should have enrolled both and cancelled one if both got in. Not sure if that would have worked.

I found that Northwest Airlines is able to use this program - it was in my NCL Hawaii book anyway. :)

As of earlier this month, NWA was not on the list of airlines....but perhaps this has changed...you can find out for sure when you board the ship. We ended up taking a grayline PC tour for only $12/pp, and this took care of both luggage storage and transportation, so came out ahead (otherwise would have done easy fly plus rented a car).

what ncl hawaii book ? We have packet for 3/1/08 po am with nothing but luggage tags & excursion book & welcome aboard book

I am talking about the Freestyle Cruising 2007-2008 book that I got from NCL. We haven't gotten our packet yet - we sail on 3/15/08 on the Pride of Aloha for 11 days. First cruise :p and really excited :)- besides we have never been to Hawaii!!:D

But I have also read that it is only on Mondays that you can do this and as someone posted NWA isn't included but it is in the book I have so???? I guess we will have to wait and check it out or call NCL and maybe get a correct answer?!

Have a good cruise - I know we will:p

Bonnie

does anyone know why you would NOT get this? and when do they tell you you didn't? we'll be on Continental and that is one of there approved airlines- but you mentioned and I read it before that some people are Not approved.

I guess I don't understand "NOT APPROVED"!! You are paying someone( either NCL or AN AIRLINE) $10 / bag to transport the bags to the airport and sort them by airline and flight time. Every one probably makes money and the airline has more time to go through your bags and get them to the proper ramp. This alone should make the airlines happy.

When we did this before, in Maimi, we had to go through customs with the bag, but this does not apply in Hawaii. Where is the down side???

TOM:confused:

• Administrators
I guess I don't understand "NOT APPROVED"!! You are paying someone( either NCL or AN AIRLINE) $10 / bag to transport the bags to the airport and sort them by airline and flight time. Every one probably makes money and the airline has more time to go through your bags and get them to the proper ramp. This alone should make the airlines happy.

When we did this before, in Maimi, we had to go through customs with the bag, but this does not apply in Hawaii. Where is the down side???

TOM:confused:

"Not approved" can happen because the cruiseship acts as TSA's agent doing your pre-clearance for boarding the aircraft. If someone in the group is selected by TSA for extra screening (this occurs randomly and can happen to anyone at the time boarding passes are issued -- look for a "SSS" on your boarding pass (it's that abbreviation, or something close to it, if I recall correctly -- it basically stands for special security screening)) the request for approval to check the baggage through will be denied.

This type of screening is of the person and their luggage, and involves an interview as well as a thorough baggage check, so the person and their luggage will have to go through the airport process together. It's done by the Department of Homeland Security, can happen on any domestic flight, and has nothing to do with customs.

• Administrators
We booked our airfare through NCL. Does anyone know if this means that they will automatically include us in the Easy Fly program? Or do we have to try and sign up when we are the POAM?

Thank you' date='

Judi[/quote']

You have to sign up once onboard, since it has an extra charge.

Archived