Cruise Director List 2008

MrPete

Sailed with him on the Pride in 2006. He did a fine job. However, being a part of the Legends show and being backstage with him for 30 min was quite enough. Lets just say that Chris Jefferson is totally head over heels for Chris Jefferson.

Well then....Chris Jefferson must have passed his ego onto Jeff Bronson on Pride. The absolute worst CD we've ever experienced.

I can't tell you how many times we had to endure the "whales at the buffet" jokes. It wasn't funny the first time. I felt very bad for people who were not in the best of shape. Very bad taste, on his part. Let's hope someone has given him the "heads-up" on tact since then.

Hi, we will be sailing the Splendor over Thanksgiving for our honeymoonand from the looks of it John Heald will be our cruise director. I have read many good things about him but was wondering why all the positives. I read some of his blog and watched some of his interviews and "in my opinion only thus far"(please dont torch me) he doesnt look like he would be a very funny vibrant cruise director. We had Todd Whitmer on the liberty and he was great. Always was visible and full of energy and had tons of activities. We also sailed with Jeorge or Jorge however you spell it and he was a blast too. Just wondering why John is held to such an elite status? Also I have read somewhere (cant locate that anymore) that his humor is a bit "dry" and geared more towards the older traveler. Just want to know what we are in for on our cruise. I would love to have Todd again but we will enjoy whoever we get. Thanks everyone

No touching here. Not everyone "clicks" with everyone else. John is the Senior Cruise Director for the same reason he was the SeaTrades very first "Employee of the Year" (of all the folks sailing on the seas...not just cruise lines). John connects with 95% of the folks he meets on a personal level. From the instant you meet him in person, it is as though you were old and dear friends. For example: We just met him for the first time a couple of weeks ago. He sailed on our cruise as a passenger doing some work for Corporate. We had chatted a few times on this blog. But that is it.

John walked into karaoke and called me by name. (I still don't know how he knew who I was) AND called my son by name. Now with the 1,000s of people he meets on a weekly basis....he took the time to find out what I looked like, so that he could introduce himself.

He truly LOVES people and what he does for a living and he is willing to give 1000% to this passion that he has. That is why he is the Senior Cruise Director for Carnival.

Hi All

I read all of the posts, Well at least I think I did. Can anyone tell me about RYAN FITZGERALD the CD that will be on the Glory.

Thanks

We were on the Spirit in October and Ryan was taking over for Shawn Bussey who was just going on her break. I cant say anything good about him. It wasnt that he was bad, we just never saw him and when we did it was only at the Capt. cocktail party or the like. He also thought he was more than a little special.

Enjoy your cruise, the Glory and her route are great.

I posted the question to John on his blog and he said that a new CD schedule for 2008 should be out soon and he would post it as soon as he gets it. If I see if first, I will add it to this site.

I remember Chris Jefferson when he was a social host and he was very nice then. I hope that same young man I met then is still visible on our Valor cruise in September. If his ego has really gone to his head, he won't last with Carnival! Most of the CD's I have met have been very down to earth and friendly!

Just off the Imagination B2B, and the 1st week we had Noonan, who was the assistant the 2nd week. Jorge Solano was back for the 2nd week. Not really impressed with either, but if I had to choose I'd pick Noonan. Jorge is just obnoxious. Loud, thinks he's funny. (Most of the time he's not.):rolleyes:

Loved Malcolm on the Victory. His talks were great and there weren't constantly intrusive announcements. Someone asked about Michael that had been on the Spirit-don't know where he is now and although he was personable to talk to- his announcements were way over the top.

Does anyone know how Chris Jefferson is with the announcemnets we sail on the Valor in March. You can avoid the talks in the theater but you just can't get away from those announcements.

Hi, we will be sailing the Splendor over Thanksgiving for our honeymoonand from the looks of it John Heald will be our cruise director. I have read many good things about him but was wondering why all the positives. I read some of his blog and watched some of his interviews and "in my opinion only thus far"(please dont torch me) he doesnt look like he would be a very funny vibrant cruise director. We had Todd Whitmer on the liberty and he was great. Always was visible and full of energy and had tons of activities. We also sailed with Jeorge or Jorge however you spell it and he was a blast too. Just wondering why John is held to such an elite status? Also I have read somewhere (cant locate that anymore) that his humor is a bit "dry" and geared more towards the older traveler. Just want to know what we are in for on our cruise. I would love to have Todd again but we will enjoy whoever we get. Thanks everyone

You will love John. In fact you may like him so much you wont want to sail again if he isnt your CD. He is terrific. He was the CD on my very first cruise and i can remember him actually being on the loud speaker as the ship was departing(only CD ever to do that on any of my cruises). He said that "the captain would be pulling us away from the pier and then it was on to Grand Cayman on our caribbean vacation cruise". It was so exciting. He would always come on the loud speaker telling people which events were coming up on the ship. He knew you could read the Capers but he still liked to tell you and it helped alot. If you are out on deck you dont always have the list handy. Great CD!!

I know John will be on the Freedom from Feb 2 to March 28, then leave to get the Splendor ready

Papanh

Does this mean Todd will be aboard the Freedom March 29? That's the date I'm booked and I'm in the air on who our CD will be. Anyone know?

Can anyone tell me more about Todd from previous cruises?

Does this mean Todd will be aboard the Freedom March 29? That's the date I'm booked and I'm in the air on who our CD will be. Anyone know?

Yes, Todd will be your Cruise Director from what John has said.

We have never cruised with him as a CD....we cruised with him on the Conquest YEARS ago when he was a Social Host that got stuck doing karaoke (before there were dedicated karaoke hosts). He was a lot of fun.

We had a great time.

We had Todd when we were on the Liberty in August. My husband and I both thought he was great. He is very down to earth. I feel he resembles and sounds like Ryan Seacrest. :)

Hi All

I read all of the posts, Well at least I think I did. Can anyone tell me about RYAN FITZGERALD the CD that will be on the Glory.

Thanks

We were on the Spirit last February (2007) with Ryan and really liked him! We were actually very disappointed when we were on the Spirit again just a few weeks ago and found out that he was gone.

His morning show was hysterical and we saw him all over the ship inter-acting with the guests.......we found him to be very personable.

Hope that helps and enjoy your cruise! :)

Celebration: PAUL SANTLEY

Conquest: MARC PRICE

Destiny: DARCY KNEFIEL

Ecstasy: GOOSE NEUMANN

Elation: STUART DUNN

Fantasy: KYLE POST

Fascination: TREVOR BLOCK

Freedom: JOHN HEALD

Glory: RYAN FITZGERALD

Holiday: STEVE CASSELL

Imagination: JORGE SOLANO

Inspiration: RISA BARNES