Do you Think I can make this Return Flight Time

Hi Everyone,

Do you think that a 1:45pm returning flight hone leaving Orlando will be ok for me to make it off the ship and to the airport in time on shuttle service bus Art's Shuttle.

Port Canaveral to Orlando Airport

The last time we cruised on Mariner I think we were at the airport by noon, but just wanted to get your views.

Thanks,

Marcy

You may get there with time to spare or you may miss it. It all depends on how many custom officers are on duty (though it is usually better at Port Canaveral than Ft. Lauderdale or Miami) and how cooperative passengers traveling with non-US passports are about showing up on time so that the ship can be cleared. If you have your own transportation waiting for you, you will have a head start over those doing buses or waiting for taxis. Also, make sure you have early departure tags...this can be arranged while on board but if your TA puts your flight info in correctly, it should happend automatically. Remember, Orlando has a different security set-up for departures because of their tram system so you will need to leave enough time to navigate that, too. But I really think you will be fine with any flight after 1:00 PM. Have fun!

RCCI recommends flights after 12:30 from Orlando. You should be just fine. You won't want to take your time, however, as Sundays are amongst the worst at MCO ... not only are cruisers going home, so are all of the folks who spent the week at the theme parks!

I'm betting you will have hours to wait in the airport!

I totally agree. We had a similar flight and had time to go shopping first but we had to wait for the mall to open! Really, the doomsayers who say you may miss it must ahve much worse experience than we ever have. If you let the Guest Relations people know when your flight is, you'll likely be off the ship by 8:30 and to the airport by 9:30.

Archived