St Maarten Water Taxi

tlm

How accessible is the water taxi at the pier where we dock?

I ride a Go - Go scooter and wondered if taking the water taxi would be a better way to get to downtown instead of trying to find a cab that would take us.

I have my husband and our friends with us if we need to lift it over a curb.

Thanks

Toni

Hi Toni,

We were just in St. Maartin in October. My husband rides a Go-Go also. We just walked into town. There were long lines to ride the water taxi and we weren't sure if it was accessible. I think someone would need to lift it onto the taxi. I know I couldn't have done it. It was a nice walk into town, but it wasn't too hot in Oct.

Hope this helps a little.

Hey Toni,

I'm a blind guy but I'm a rehab counselor. I took that water taxi and it is a no go, just liek someone else said. Even if you have some guys who can lift it, there is no physical way for them to do it without killing their backs because the hatch into the water taxi is pretty narrow and you step up..then down a few steps. Do a land taxi. They should have some vans if you need them, just ask the taxi queue guy to get you a van. I sure hope you enjoy your visit. St. Maarten is really fun! (if you really want to have fun, you can also take a taxi, or rent a van, and drive over to St. Martin, the French Side of the Island!

Bon Voyage,

Kyle

Archived