Help me find a swim cover-up!

We leave on RCCL NOS in just over 3 weeks, and I am SO NOT ready. I just realized that I do not own a single non-maternity bathing suit or cover-up. (I have been pregnant or just-delivered during the past 4 summers!!). I read the bathing suit post, and did manage to find some appropriate swim wear, but now what to cover it with? I am a 31 yo mom of 4, with an "ok" body - not great, but pretty darn good for birthing 4 kids, if I am allowed to say so myself :) I would like to find something causal, but still presentable enough to throw on and wear to eat breakfast/lunch and walk around the ship. I saw these http://www.oldnavy.com/browse/product.do?cid=5414&pid=459415&scid=459415142 at OldNavy.com, but after placing 2 in my cart, realized they are shirts, not dresses (OOPS!!!) Can anyone suggest something that would work? Online would be great (especially if you know of a good deal, coupon code, free ship place, etc), as I have 4 kids under 4 1/2 and do not get the opportunity to get out much (and will absolutely NOT go shopping for clothes myself with all 4 kids!!). B&M stores would work too...I live in upstate NY, so most places do not seem to have spring/summer stuff out yet (it is a balmy 30 and snowy right now)....but we have all the basics (Target, Kohl's, Macy's, etc). What else have you ladies used in the past that worked?

TIA!

J

Talbots has their resortwear out. Here's a link to a coverup, but it's pricey ($98).

http://www1.talbots.com/talbotsonline/product/itempage.aspx?item=A107886&PFID=904&BID=&h=M&sk=M

But I also checked Target (they have their swimwear line out year-round here in Florida). They have a lot of stuff online, and the prices are very reasonable:

http://www.target.com/b/ref=sc_fe_l_1_13629631_19/602-5004344-8765449?ie=UTF8&node=13680261

Lands End probably has their swim stuff out as well.

Have you checked the clearance racks in the department stores in your area? I find that swim coverups can often be found in the lingerie/sleepwear section. Some sleepwear is terry and is perfect for a swimsuit coverup. Come to think of it, I saw terry dresses at Tuesday Morning this past week --- if you have a Tuesday Morning in your area you might give them a call to see if they have anything.

Good luck!

thanks for the ideas. I did just find something online from Target. HOPEFULLY it will work. It is a brown tube-like thing that supposedly can be worn as a long skirt or as a strapless "dress." They only had one size left (wierd, since it wasn't on sale or clearance??) so I hope it fits. I also got a few dresses that may work for dinner. They were all under $19.99 (some $9.99) and there is free shipping if you buy over $50, and I am pretty sure you can return to any store, so I am not out anything if they don't fit! THANKS!

J

Victoria's Secret has their SemiAnnual sale on right now. I found a pair of crop pants for 7$. Might try their. And don't just look under clearance or coverups. I found the cutest bathing suit for 20$ under the reg price resortwear.

This time last year, I needed a swimsuit cover up. I was going, on a cruise, and was looking for something, like you, to wear in the dining room for b-fast, lunch, etc., over my swim suit. I decided that I wanted a casual sun dress. I ended up with a denim sun dress. I think it's appropiate for day wear and a cover up. But my point is, is to watch ebay - and a sun dress is always an option.

Found a thick, white, terry cover-up with hood, knee length, and long sleeves (yes, when I want sun protection, I WANT SUN PROTECTION!) at Land's End; overstocks area on-line, $29. And no, it does not look like a bathrobe. :p

I had a similar problem right before we left. I did end up finding something at home but a very kind person told me not to panic because I'd find more coverups than I knew what to do with in the ports of call. She was absolutely correct. I brought home two new ones from St. Lucia and Antigua as well! :) Every port we stopped in had all sorts of coverups from the dress type to sarongs/skirts.

I bought this one at Target twice, once last year in red and just today in black. It fits really well but isn't at all snug or tight. It ties at the waste and is very adjustable. I love it, it's sooo comfy.

http://www.target.com/Merona-Dolman-Sleeve-Coverup-Dress-Ebony/dp/B000WM1866/601-6020779-4130520?ie=UTF8&node=13680261&frombrowse=1&index=tgt-mf-mv&field-browse=13680261&rank=%2Bdaterank&rh=&page=2

Jungle Jane, I have the same cover-up in Black, brown, and white. They are soo comfy and give the right amount of coverage. Was in Target the other day, They have bathing suits and coverups in all different styles and colors.

Happy shopping.

Dayna

Archived