deep sea fishing

resusit8ers

Has anyone been deep sea fishing in DR. I am trying to find a company to take us out. I have found some in Puerto Plata. I'm not sure if that is close to the where we dock or not. We will be spending the night there so we will have time to travel if needed, but we don't want to travel too far. Thanks in advance for any help.

we tried casa dorado over our Dec 23rd 07 cruise and they were AWESOME!! the company is primarily a water/fishing company but we used them to rent and ride ATV's from Las Galeras to Playa Rincon and back!! we had the best time. The company is run by a Dominican and his wife who have previously lived and worked for years in the USA and have recently returned to Samana to live. They also operate a beautiful and very comfortble Bread and Breakfast Inn (in their home) - you will not be disappointed by these folks - honest and trustworthy and speak English and want only for you to enjoy yourselves while touring in Samana! Check them out!

we'll be therein late March. Let us know how this charter experience works for you. We are trying to plan one for some with some new friends on our thread and I have been searching the web looking at what is available. The wife and I have done fishing charters in Barbados several times...some good, some just a nice ride. I do know that some captains work harder at putting you over fish than others do. Good luck. Save some for us out there:D

• 2 months later...

If you want a great day on the water I strongly recommend Casa Dorado. Roberto and Catherine are very gracious and friendly people. We just returned from a cruise and spent a day on the water with Roberto. He worked very hard to find fish. We landed several Mahi with one that I coaught going well over 50 pounds. My arms hurt for days...great hurt though. They sent a cab for us as it is about 15 miles to their little beach from Samana. Their boat is not large however so 4 people is plenty. The others in our party kept giving me a hard time because it took so long to land my fish. I have pictures if you want to emial me. My address is below. I have no problem giving you more info about these folks. Roberto was working in the 2nd tower on 9/11 and after that experience they decided to move back to his home land and start these their bed and breakfast and fishing business. As long as the cruise lines stay there they will do well. It was money well spent vs. some of the excursions the ships try to sell you.

• 5 years later...

Archived