Just back from the NOS 9-6-04 to 9-11-04

GucciGal

I just got back from my first cruise,and had a great time! I will answer any specific questions anyone has.

I had all positive experiences....even though we missed 2 days due to the hurricane,we were well compensated by the cruise line.

The staff was great,getting on and getting on were very quick,we both had passports,so that could be why.

We went to Cozumel and Grand Cayman.In Cozumel we went to Paradise Beach,I was not impressed,but that is just my opinion. In Grand Cayman,we did the stingray swim with Nativeway,and I highly recommend them.

Food was good...we ate in the dining room for formal night,the rest of the time we went to the Windjammer,also ate breakfast there. The Promenade Cafe has the best sandwiches,pizza and cookies.

The ice show and the theatre shows were great.

We went to "Quest" and that was fun,even though I got pulled from the audience to participate.

Becky,the cruise director is a riot...really liked her alot.

My only complaint,and this has nothing to do with the cruiseline,was there were a lot of rude people on board...complaining,rude to staff,pushing in line.

All in all,had a great time,and will be cruising again in November and May,just have to decide where I want to go.

As I said,any questions,ask away.

Hello, I'm glad to read that you had a good cruise.

We're planning on going to Paradise Beach, What did you not like??

Also planning on N W, Island and Stingrays. Hopefully the Islands will be able to clean up before we sail. I feel bad for the Island people having the Hurricanes, the loss of lives is very painful.

So is CD Becky Thompson??? We had her on the Brilliance in 2002, didn't care much for her.

We have a atrium cabin on 6th deck.

Anything not to be missed in GC, if we get to port???

Glad to hear the food was good.

DJ, We just returned from a 7 day NOS cruise that turned into a 9 day thanks to hurricane Frances. We are so sorry for the people in Florida and the Caribbean that the hurricanes are affecting.

We had a wonderful time, good table mates, and we ate in the dining room each night. We ate breakfast and lunch in the Windjammer each day except one and that was in the dining room. The food was all very good.

Our cabin was on the Atrium or Promenade, deck 8. We loved it and enjoyed watching some of the activity below.

We thought the shows were good and the Ice Show was amazing, be sure to go.

Becky is a fill in for the regular cruise director who is on vacation. We understood that she will be going to AOS soon.

Captain Rick Sullivan is the greatest Captain we have ever had on a ship. We had him on two previous cruises on Legend of the Seas. He constantly keeps you informed of what is going on with the hurricane and all other pertitent information.

All in all, the experience was wonderful and you couldn't ask for a better cruise, embarking and disembarking was very organized.

Sincerely,

Jim and Shirley Butler

I really liked Becky Thompson,I didn't know she was just filling in.

Paradise Beach just didn't seem very clean to me. Alot of the other cruisers went to Plays Mia beach,(you could go on your own,or RCCL has an excursion) and they all said good things about that beach.

Nativeway was great. Only about 12 or so on the boat,so we each had time alone with the stingrays. We were gone along time too. After,we just shopped and went to the Hard Rock Cafe for lunch,everything is right by where the boat tenders.

Have a great cruise,I can't wait to go again,I am now officially addicted to cruising!

Hi Gucci Gal...we were with you last week on the NOS and had a wonderful time as well. I am sorry we missed you at the M&M...many of us didn't get the message, but we found out about it via my inlaws (who got the voicemail!).

A couple of suggestions for the Caymans and Cozumel. In the Caymans we rented a car from Avis for $51 (midsize, and included all gas and insurance) and drove to Rum Point on the other side of the island. The drive was easy and we saw some beautiful views along the way. We took the long way, and it took just about 1 1/2 hours with stops along the way to check out a few interesting lookouts. On the way back we took the short way, and it took about 40 minutes to get back to the airport. Rum Point was beautiful and was not crowded (considering there were 6 ships in port...with 3 megaships, this was a plus!). The beach chairs were free and the water was beautiful. There were kayaks, paddle boats and other water activities that you could rent. There was also a great little beach grill next door where we enjoyed lunch for a very reasonable price. We met another couple from the NOS and they stayed at Rum Point for a while, then drove to 7 mile...they said it was mobbed, and they wished they had stayed at Rum Point. I would also recommend Nativeway for the stingrays...we were with them last year and had a great time.

In Cozumel, we took a cab (about $6) to Dzul Ha and snorkeled for a couple of hours, then went back to the ship for showers and lunch, then headed to town for a bit of shopping. We saw some awesome fish at Dzul Ha and saw several excursion's while there. There is a little palapa bar where you can get beverages. For the cab and beverages for four of us it was $15...vs what the tour groups were paying!

We had a great Waiter (John) and Head Waiter (Benson) in the Dining Room and enjoyed the food.

The only complaint was that we were only on for 5 days...but we are booked for Alaska next year, so that takes the sting off of it! If anyone has any questions, let me know!

I appreciate everyone replying to my questions. I haven't received my doc's yet, but talked with my ta today and she said that RCCL hasn't made any decisions about itinerary changes for October.

I really wanted to Port in Grand Cayman as I had the Norwalk Virus last time and spent 12 hours in the Medical Facility.

Hopefully Norwalk is not in the Caribbean this year...

• 1 year later...
I really liked Becky Thompson,I didn't know she was just filling in.

Paradise Beach just didn't seem very clean to me. Alot of the other cruisers went to Plays Mia beach,(you could go on your own,or RCCL has an excursion) and they all said good things about that beach.

Nativeway was great. Only about 12 or so on the boat,so we each had time alone with the stingrays. We were gone along time too. After,we just shopped and went to the Hard Rock Cafe for lunch,everything is right by where the boat tenders.

Have a great cruise,I can't wait to go again,I am now officially addicted to cruising!

Glad you enjoyed your first cruise, I thought you said on a couple other boards you had sailed Radisson and Cunard? Hope you enjoy all your future cruises regardless of what line you choose.

• 5 weeks later...

You really need to get a life....That post was from over a year ago...Also,not that it is any of your business,but that cruise from last year was the FIRST one I was on without my family....Sorry to not have made that clear,since you need to stir up trouble...LOSER!!!!!

Archived