Chankanaab Park or Paradise Beach

jackdis

Hi! We will be in Cozumel for one day. Which do you recommend? Is one better than the other for us? It will be my husband and myself, and our two girls, ages 9 and 2.

Also, do we just get a taxi when we get off the ship? My BIG fear is not getting back to the ship in time. Are taxis readily available at either place to get back to the ship in time?

Thanks!

Haven't been to Paradise, but we did the dolphin swim at the park. We had a fabulous time, but it did rain so we weren't able to see as much of the park as we would have liked to. What we did see was beautiful.

Either place is great for kids, but PB has water toys and the sandy beach has a gentle slope so access to the water is easy for the munchkins. Chank has alot of things to do and see. You just have to ask yourself if the admission fee is too high.

Taxis are no problem at either place so don't worry about getting back to the ship. We always head back about an hour before departure unless we want to shop a little on the way back. Never had a problem in 7 trips.

we did this and it was great.they drop you off like an hour before your "encounter", so you can snorkel or sunbathe for a while.bring a watch as they tell you to be back on the dock at a certain time. aqua socks are strongly recommended as you stand on metal grates at times and fish nip at your feet also. they take great pictures and video right there for prices not that unreasonable. take the ship excursion and no worries...were there 3 weeks ago....;). your children will love the time with the dolphins and I'll bet it will be the highlight of the whole trip for them...very safe, all wear lifevests..trainers very polite and considerate and treat the dolphins great...

What's the admission fee to Chankanaab? I don't remember it being very high at all- like 12 bucks.

OP: at least at Chank (never been to Paradise) there is a line of taxis to take you back to the ship.

What's the admission fee to Chankanaab? I don't remember it being very high at all- like 12 bucks.

OP: at least at Chank (never been to Paradise) there is a line of taxis to take you back to the ship.

Admission to the park is now $16, and cabs are waiting at both places.:)

Admission to the park is now $16, and cabs are waiting at both places.:)

Regular adult admission is $16, children 3-11(?) is $8, free for a 2 year old. As mentioned, there are discount coupons available, and some tours include free admission.

Taxis fare to Chankanaab is a little less than to PB.

PB is free, but requests a minimum amount be spent per person and charges for the water toys.

It kind of depends on what you are looking for.

Regular adult admission is $16, children 3-11(?) is $8, free for a 2 year old. As mentioned, there are discount coupons available, and some tours include free admission.

PB is free, but requests a minimum amount be spent per person and charges for the water toys.

Yepp!!!!

Does Chank still show a lot of damage from the hurricane?

They also now offer combo packages

http://www.cozumelparks.com/eng/Combos.asp

Did you take advantage of the combo package?

If so, do you buy it at the park, or have to prebuy it?

How many 2/1 drinks can you order?

If you go with the 3 hr open bar is it limited to certain drinks and can you choose the 3 hours that you want.

we want to do water activities and then drink, so this would be important to us.

Thanks,

They also now offer combo packages

http://www.cozumelparks.com/eng/Combos.asp

Did you take advantage of the combo package?

If so, do you buy it at the park, or have to prebuy it?

How many 2/1 drinks can you order?

If you go with the 3 hr open bar is it limited to certain drinks and can you choose the 3 hours that you want.

we want to do water activities and then drink, so this would be important to us.

Thanks,

Thanks for the great site. Does the 3 hours include beer?

I haven't tried any of the packages. My guess would be the drink package would include Mexican beer, margaritas, rum punch, daiquiris, stuff like that.

There is still a little visible damage from Wilma, but most of the park has been rebuilt, so is brand new.

There are still some coral heads and fish, although it will take a while for all of that to grow back. I think perhaps the best shore snorkeling currently in Cozumel, but by no means what it was.

Archived