Anything You Ever Needed to Know About Carnival FREEDOM

kiffrig

Dawn-

I sail on Freedom in less than 2 months. I can check out that space for you and report back, if you like. -Unless you are cruising before me.

Or does anyone else know the answer to this? Thanks!

Thanks kiffrig! But I'll be on her in about 2 weeks, so I'll know before you do!

Dawn

On Empress Deck there is white space on the back side of the elevators midship. Now I know what's on the starboard side - the laundry room. Does anyone know what's on the corresponding port side across from rooms 7334, 7336, 7338? The carnival rep assured me it was empty and definitely not a housekeeping closet which was my biggest worry (no sleeping in possible)...now I'm not sure she was being straight with me.

TIA,

Dawn

Funny you should have asked that question ! We ALSO want to know exactly what's in that blank space next to the elevators ! My guess is that it's an employee stairway combined with storage of sheets, blankets, towels, etc.

Hi,

We were on the Freedom last Feb. This is the web site where we received most of our information and pictures from: http://www.zydecocruiser.com/free07/free07.htm

One of our favourite places to eat was around the Fish and Chip restaurant there were always window tables available. Second least busy spot was by the Pizza and 24 hour ice cream.

We are sailing again in January 2009 I would also like to know if there is no midnight buffets since we choose early dining so we can nibble later.

If you have questions let me know and I'll try to answer but I don't know what the white space is.

Tina:)

• 3 weeks later...
My 16 year old DD and myself have this cabin on the Freedom in July of '09. Is it worth the extra price over a standard balcony cabin? What are the perks? Thanks!

Suite perks are a bigger cabin and priority embarkation. When you arrive at the port you will see a VIP line...you get to get into that :) Some have said there is also priority debark as well some have said there isn't for suite pax. I've never used that so I can't say yes or no.

• 3 weeks later...

We are sailing on Freedom next week....anyone been on her recently and can tell me which movies are shown on the Big Screen at night? We have a large group going (family) and we are trying to figure out if there will be kid-friendly movies. I know on the Liberty last year, there were, so I am assuming there will be something appropriate again, but just thought I would ask.

Anyone have ideas/info on the big screen movies?

Also, do they still offer popcorn for the movies?

THANK YOU!

We just got off the Freedom Nov.6th. Didn't watch the movies on deck but Hubby got the $1 popcorn. They weren't first run movies, though. They had "Spiderwick Chronicals," "Deja Vu," "Boyz to Men," "College Roadtrip," "Pictures of Hollis Woods," "I Am Legend," "The Bucket List," "Meet Bill," and the "Transformers." They also had "The Final Season," and some concerts (it was a 12 day Mediterranean). We also watched CNN on the Big Screen on Election Day-kind of neat! We were just too tired at night as it was a port intensive cruise

They did have a Chocolate Buffet in the Lido, but it looked better than it tasted. We did love the food in the Chic Dining Room. It was SO MUCH BETTER than our last two RCCL cruises and on par or better than Celebrity. We sure wish Carnival was not pulling out of Europe or we would have booked another cruise. It was that good!

Awesome, thanks Tally! I'm jealous that you did Europe on her, but we'll have to do that type of cruise another time. Definitely looking forward to this one! It's my daughters (5yrs old) first cruise, so we are all excited for her! I appreciate your info on the movies! (and popcorn!)

Awesome, thanks Tally! I'm jealous that you did Europe on her, but we'll have to do that type of cruise another time. Definitely looking forward to this one! It's my daughters (5yrs old) first cruise, so we are all excited for her! I appreciate your info on the movies! (and popcorn!)

Good thing we saved the Carnival Capers-lol! Enjoy your special cruise! Surprisingly there were a bunch of kids on this one and since it was over Halloween, there were "trick or treat" stations for them around the ship. Carnival really has it down pat. We really liked our CCL experience!

I might have to consider a Halloween cruise for our kiddos, at some point. Sounds like a great experience on Carnival! We've been eyeing the Med cruises for a while. My sister lives in Turkey right now and we were hoping to get over as far as Greece so she could come over and meet us for the day. I'm not sure we'll be able to get there before she comes home from Turkey, but we are going to give it a shot. (We have even looked a couple recently announced cruises that include stops in Turkey.)

The issue is the 2 kids (5yr old and 4 month old). I don't feel right leaving them that long with the grandparents---that's a lot to ask! Thankfully, the grandparents are going to watch baby boy for us while we cruise next week with the 5yr old, but that's only a week----not 12 days. Anyway, we'll figure it all out at some point and get over to Europe, some day.

So glad you had a great trip and thanks a million for the info on the movies, I really appreciate it! Looking forward to our stay on the Freedom next week! It's cruise #6 for me with Carnival....slowly working my way towards Platinum. hehehehe

PS--enjoy the weather in AZ for me. It's been cold in STL!

When we were last on the Liberty they had the chocolate buffet also in the Lido, we did not go but our tablemates said if we ever went again to make sure we did and get a cupful of the 'nuts" that were coated with chocolate, etc. They saved them and put it over the ice cream for a snack.!!

Going on the Freedom in Feb. and I think I will try it!!!:D

I might have to consider a Halloween cruise for our kiddos, at some point. Sounds like a great experience on Carnival! We've been eyeing the Med cruises for a while. My sister lives in Turkey right now and we were hoping to get over as far as Greece so she could come over and meet us for the day. I'm not sure we'll be able to get there before she comes home from Turkey, but we are going to give it a shot. (We have even looked a couple recently announced cruises that include stops in Turkey.)

The issue is the 2 kids (5yr old and 4 month old). I don't feel right leaving them that long with the grandparents---that's a lot to ask! Thankfully, the grandparents are going to watch baby boy for us while we cruise next week with the 5yr old, but that's only a week----not 12 days. Anyway, we'll figure it all out at some point and get over to Europe, some day.

So glad you had a great trip and thanks a million for the info on the movies, I really appreciate it! Looking forward to our stay on the Freedom next week! It's cruise #6 for me with Carnival....slowly working my way towards Platinum. hehehehe

PS--enjoy the weather in AZ for me. It's been cold in STL!

You'll have to do another cruise line for Europe. They announced on the ship that except for a few Med. cruises for the new Dream before her transatlantic crossing, that Carnival is pulling out of Europe for good. They were to have sent the Liberty there, but told us we'd have to use Princess or Hal. Actually, our cruise (Italy, Greece, and Turkey) was a lot cheaper than the airfare. We also had a $600 OBC. This was a great deal and that is why we booked it. Loved our cabin on the Lido Deck. Can't wait to hear about your cruise and whether you enjoyed it. Hope you get to either Greece or Turkey to see your sister. We really loved all of the ports. Our son has two little ones and has had his cruise wings clipped for now (he took the 2 yr. old on the Rhapsody of the Seas when she was 2 mon. old, but now with a 6 mo. old and lots of daycare expense, etc., he won't be going anywhere for a while), so I do understand your predicament. Enjoy this one. Life is too short!

Anybody have any additional contributions to add to the Freedom thread before I leave on Sunday?

Any tidbits of advice? Things I need to check out on the ship? What about the specialty restaurants/foods (sushi, fish and chips, etc)?

Also, does anyone know if they offer a "kids karaoke"? I am fairly certain they offered one on the Liberty last year, but since we didn't have my daughter with us I didn't pay much attention. She wants to do the kids karaoke if there is one.

Anyone know?

This seems to be a difficult thread to keep going.....I wonder if it's because the Freedom has been sailing over in Europe and maybe fewer people are able to do those type of cruises (especially with the economy right now)? I'll be anxious to see what happens to this thread now that the Freedom is in the US and sailing from Florida.

Either way, I will be sailing on her on Sunday! YIPPPEEEE!

This seems to be a difficult thread to keep going.....I wonder if it's because the Freedom has been sailing over in Europe and maybe fewer people are able to do those type of cruises (especially with the economy right now)? I'll be anxious to see what happens to this thread now that the Freedom is in the US and sailing from Florida.

Either way, I will be sailing on her on Sunday! YIPPPEEEE!

Hi Kiffrig, I see you are from STL? I'm right across the river from you. I'll be on the Freedom in March. What are your ports? Can you tell me about your airfare if you dont mind...the prices are crazy right now from Lambert!:(

Loved the Freedom. No formal nights, the Crazy Canadian was the best.

No formal nights on the Freedom? Why? Thought all ships had them or elegant nights (whatever they are called now). I'm going to be disappointed if no formal nights. Only time I get my family to all dress up nicely.

No formal nights on the Freedom? Why? Thought all ships had them or elegant nights (whatever they are called now). I'm going to be disappointed if no formal nights. Only time I get my family to all dress up nicely.

I believe that the "formal nights" are now called "cruise elegant nights" and you can still dress up and wear your formal gowns on these nights or any other night if you like! :D It's YOUR vacation...I say go for if it makes you happy. There will be photographers all over every night to take your pictures too!:)

Hoping someone who is cruising this week is able to post a review, or their observations of the Freedom!!!:)

We are sailing the 6 night on December 14th to Key West, Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios..:D

Would also like to find out which nights are 'cruise elegant'.. :p As well as who the CD is.. Todd Whittmer, I believe..

We were extremely disappointed in the Freedom. The decor in certain areas can be quite nauseating. The ceiling panels look like worms reminds me of Raiders of the Lost Ark, snake scene, uck. The best thing on the ship was the nightly movies on Lido, that was pretty nice. Cuisine was common nothing special not once were we offered bar service during dinner that pissed me off, we made a pact that we would not request it just to see if they came around and even mentioned it to the Maitre'de George, still nothing. I will say I truly enjoyed the wait-staff's nightly entertainment some of it was extremely funny and entertaining. We actually just saw our dinning room table assistant, Win, on the Imagination and he remembered us which was nice. We received nightly cocktail service on the Imagination though. Some of the Pursers are rude but most were fairly nice, they have a different attitude on that vessel we the client must prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that we are right before they will even consider taking some sort of action. Nightly John Heald would entertain us to try and put us in a good mood before heading off to bed. I must say he is excellent at his job, but most of us came to find that even though he entertained us most of the time he was feeding us so much BS that many times they turned out to just be blatant lies. Our group has vowed not to book another cruise where he is the Cruise Director, I don't think I could stomach seeing him again after we discovered his last deception on our last excursion which was post-cruise.

I don't want my remarks to deter you from the Freedom just be prepared and all should be fine. It is a Carnival ship so you already know that it is not the best on the ocean but you are not paying for a better ship/experience its just mediocre for the cruise industry. I wont go on another long cruise with them because I want better than mediocre. Short cruises, 3-4 nights, is fine barely on them, just a hotel not a resort. Want better spend more for Princess, Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, or Holland America.

Certainly not to get blasted here, but do people really take the decor that seriously?? I mean I want clean,comfortable,and nothing falling apart but when I see these reviews that talk about the decor,it makes me wonder.. I worry about the decor in my home,but on a cruise, not so much... Just gotta be clean,and comfy...icon7.gif

Archived