Anything You Ever Needed to Know About Carnival FREEDOM

kiffrig

[quote name='pab59']I will be 50 in August as well.. when the travel agent asked about any celebrations.. I said I turn 50 this year..so he put it down... I forgot that our anniversary was June.. closer then my birthday.. so he put that celebration down as well.. Neither are during our May 9th cruise... He said they bring cake to the table... too funny.[/QUOTE]

I thought that Carnival had stopped doing the cake thing a couple of years ago. Are they doing it again?

[quote name='judyzoo']I thought that Carnival had stopped doing the cake thing a couple of years ago. Are they doing it again?[/quote]
I don't know whether it's free, but I'm pretty sure if you have an occasion, Carnival can find you a cake. There's special cake and pastry and such at the coffee bar on Promenade deck, so we know they can bake the stuff.... ;) yum.....

[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=4][COLOR=darkorchid]Hey guys! I'm sailing the Freedom on June 20 and I thought it might be cool to borrow an idea from another thread that might be cool. (Thanks Ron!) Maybe someone who is sailing before me could leave a little trinket behind hidden in the library somewhere and come back and post here where they left it. That way I could get onboard and find it and leave something else behind for another Freedom sailer to find. Anyone who finds one can post that they found it and where they left a new one.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='pink roses']On the Fantasy they brought a piece of cake with a candle and sung to my husband on his birthday.
If you want the small round whole cake you have to purchase it.[/quote]
Hey there, pink roses - from your signature, it looks like you'll be getting aboard Freedom just as I'm leaving. We're doing the 8-day Cozumel/Limon/Colon trip on 6/6. We have a CC roll call going with a nice group that's sure to leave some fun karma behind. Some paper umbrellas, too! :o I am so pumped - less than six weeks to go :D.

[quote name='Chigirlcruzin']If you're on the Freedom prior to June 6, you HAVE to go to the piano bar! The piano bar was open later than the disco many nights. Vince Strong is a BLAST![/QUOTE]

Does this mean Vince won't be there for our July 4 cruise? Seems like I've read a lot of fave reviews for this guy!

[quote name='AryMay']Does this mean Vince won't be there for our July 4 cruise? Seems like I've read a lot of fave reviews for this guy![/quote]
[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=4][COLOR=darkorchid] [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=4][COLOR=darkorchid]No Vince will be gone after June 6. I heard so many good things about him. Josh Tuckman will be taking over after Vince.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

If Vince is leaving the piano bar on June 6, does this mean there will be a general crew contract change for that date? Just curious as I'm on the June 6 cruise, and there are often service glitches on the first cruise or two with a new service crew, especially in the dining room.

It won't spoil my cruise, trust me - we have an aft balcony (woo hoo!) and there are always different ways to fill one's belly. Just thought I'd ask.

Hi everyone,
I am new to this forum and my wife and I just today booked a category 12 suite on the freedom for next week leaving on the 9th. Does anyone have any information on the category 12 suites, or what we should do in the ports. This was a last minute "splurge" and we want to make the most of the week. thanks

I heard Josh in Feb on the Imagination and you will NOT be disappointed!
He does some fun games also for a bottle of Champagne and a big piece of ship on a stick!

Not that [B]"team Kathie"[/B] (April, whatever) just happened to WIN !!

Thanks Trevor!

[quote name='brcruiser']We did the 8-day in December. The two elegant nights were Sunday and Friday. As far as the movies shown, they included The Bucket List and Polar Express and concerts such as Hall/Oates, Randy Travis & Peter Frampton. It was a great trip-loved the ports.[/quote]

What ports did you go to? I'm going on an 8 day this December to Cozumel, Colon-Panama and Costa Rica. I was just wondering if you went to any of these and could let me know about the weather.

THANKS!!

[quote name='alstar500']Hi everyone,
I am new to this forum and my wife and I just today booked a category 12 suite on the freedom for next week leaving on the 9th. Does anyone have any information on the category 12 suites, or what we should do in the ports. This was a last minute "splurge" and we want to make the most of the week. thanks[/quote]
I've never stayed in a Cat 12, but I bet you'll love it - nice balcony, whirlpool tub, priority boarding. We're going on the same cruise on June 6. I understand Carnival has canceled Cozumel for your cruise and substituted Belize - cave tubing is very popular there, other eco-tourism things, too, you might check the Belize port board here. We're planning on a trip to the Canal in Colon, not sure yet about Costa Rica but probably a tour through the ship - I have a friend who knows CR well and says that Limon isn't especially pleasant if you're on your own.

But you have such a nice cabin :) that you may not want to get off the ship anyway. Have a great time! Save some paper umbrellas for us!

[quote name='Dawnyy99']What ports did you go to? I'm going on an 8 day this December to Cozumel, Colon-Panama and Costa Rica. I was just wondering if you went to any of these and could let me know about the weather.

THANKS!![/quote]
All of these ports are tropical - Cozumel in December will be very warm, CR and Panama will be hot as they are all year.

[quote name='breezycruiser'][FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=4][COLOR=darkorchid]Hey guys! I'm sailing the Freedom on June 20 and I thought it might be cool to borrow an idea from another thread that might be cool. (Thanks Ron!) Maybe someone who is sailing before me could leave a little trinket behind hidden in the library somewhere and come back and post here where they left it. That way I could get onboard and find it and leave something else behind for another Freedom sailer to find. Anyone who finds one can post that they found it and where they left a new one.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]
I think that i will buy some small containers of our favorite cajun seasonings and hide a few in different areas and post clues to the locations when we return from the freedom on 5/18.
Also if you do this leave a lil note about who you are ,where you'r from and ask the finder to leave a lil something for the next person.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=indigo]Does anyone have pictures of Freedom that they would like to share?? I'm home cleaning and taking care of a sick dog and foolishly watched Samantha Brown cruise show and now have the "itch" to go on another cruise...only problem I have to wait till January:([/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#4b0082]Help!![/COLOR][/FONT]
:D

I am sailing on the Freedom in October. We ware doing the Western 8 day cruise to Panama, etc. My partner and I have a 9A wrap On deck 6 and are really looking forward to it. I do have a question though.

I really want to take my parents on this cruise with us. It would be a combo Birthday/Christmas gift for both. They love to cruise and we actually did a family cruise over Christmas last year. Now my dilema is the cabin. Looking at prices I could afford an inside cabin for them right down the hall from us. However, the cruise has four sea days and I don't know if this would be too much for them with an inside cabin. Of course they could always use our Aft wrap balcony, etc but I am not sure if they would actually do that. I don't know if I should pull the trigger or not. Any suggestions?

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=indigo]Come on...no one has pictures to share?:):confused: We (all us Freeedom future cruisers) want to see your pictures and hear your stories.....PPllleeezzzzzz:D[/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='tiggerman101']I am sailing on the Freedom in October. We ware doing the Western 8 day cruise to Panama, etc. My partner and I have a 9A wrap On deck 6 and are really looking forward to it. I do have a question though.

I really want to take my parents on this cruise with us. It would be a combo Birthday/Christmas gift for both. They love to cruise and we actually did a family cruise over Christmas last year. Now my dilema is the cabin. Looking at prices I could afford an inside cabin for them right down the hall from us. However, the cruise has four sea days and I don't know if this would be too much for them with an inside cabin. Of course they could always use our Aft wrap balcony, etc but I am not sure if they would actually do that. I don't know if I should pull the trigger or not. Any suggestions?[/quote]

I was just reading a review of yours today...hope you write another one for this cruise. You really do an excellent job with description and details. I hope that model wannabe will be on your cruise again...I could stand to hear your description of her again. :D

If you were treating me to a cruise, I'd be happy with any cabin you provided...seriously. I guess your question really depends on what they are used to having. We are taking my mother with us in January, her third with us, and we always take the inside cabins. Other things we can spend the money on. So hey, she even has to share a cabin with us! :eek:

You say they love cruising. I'm sure they love you. :) IMHO, I think they will have a marvelous time in whatever cabin they have.

Archived