Anything You Ever Needed to Know About Carnival FREEDOM

kiffrig

[quote name='MAO'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=indigo]Does anyone have pictures of Freedom that they would like to share?? I'm home cleaning and taking care of a sick dog and foolishly watched Samantha Brown cruise show and now have the "itch" to go on another cruise...only problem I have to wait till January:([/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#4b0082]Help!![/COLOR][/FONT]
:D[/quote]

Here you go...just a couple of pictures but lots of information Missy.

[URL]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=966188&highlight[/URL]=

[quote name='crazy cajun']I think that i will buy some small containers of our favorite cajun seasonings and hide a few in different areas and post clues to the locations when we return from the freedom on 5/18.
Also if you do this leave a lil note about who you are ,where you'r from and ask the finder to leave a lil something for the next person.[/quote]
I'll be on Freedom June 6 - only 4 weeks, woo hoo! - so if someone lets me know where something is put, I'll pass it on. Or they might let us start a CC guest book in the library, where everyone from a roll call gets to sign.

4 weeks, oh yeah time to get REALLY excited!!! :D:D:D

[quote name='jbroons']Here you go...just a couple of pictures but lots of information Missy.

[URL]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=966188&highlight[/URL]=[/quote]
\

[COLOR=indigo]THANK YOU! I actually followed that thread for awhile and enjoyed your review:) Thanks for posting the link here![/COLOR]

[quote name='gsxr_moe']I'll be on that trip also... June 28 seems so far away............:([/quote]

A bit of good (actually great unless it's not true), John Heald is set to be the CD on the Freedom beginning 6/20 thru August, according to his blog.

I just posted my review. I couldn't put everything in there. I don't know how to post pics either, so I hope its somewhat helpful.

Just a side note. I noticed talk about Vince the Piano guy....We had him, but I was not impressed. I went in there once and then he sang on deck on day. Our tablemates liked to go and see him, but they said they tried to request a song and he said he would not play request unless you tipped him. Don't know if that is usual for Carnival, but I read some post on my roll call after the fact that suggested that it is not the norm.

[quote name='brooklynfc']I just posted my review. I couldn't put everything in there. I don't know how to post pics either, so I hope its somewhat helpful.

Just a side note. I noticed talk about Vince the Piano guy....We had him, but I was not impressed. I went in there once and then he sang on deck on day. Our tablemates liked to go and see him, but they said they tried to request a song and he said he would not play request unless you tipped him. Don't know if that is usual for Carnival, but I read some post on my roll call after the fact that suggested that it is not the norm.[/quote]

A comemnt about Vince the piano player

A request is only a suggestion unless it has dollars attached to it. That was his theme and he did it every 15 minutes while playing. He was very good as a piano player and performer but his begging for tips got old IMHO.

Golfadj

Cruising on the Freedom in 4 months...and reading everything I can on this ship. The reviews all sound great, and reinforces our decision to book this ship.

Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to post their review and pix!

Our Roll Call is quite active, and so I was wondering if there was a good place to try and plan our Meet-and-Greet? We were thinking perhaps the Endless Pool at the front of the ship on the Lido deck? If you have any other suggestions, I would be happy to hear them...

[quote name='DaisyGirl55']Cruising on the Freedom in 4 months...and reading everything I can on this ship. The reviews all sound great, and reinforces our decision to book this ship.

Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to post their review and pix!

Our Roll Call is quite active, and so I was wondering if there was a good place to try and plan our Meet-and-Greet? We were thinking perhaps the Endless Pool at the front of the ship on the Lido deck? If you have any other suggestions, I would be happy to hear them...[/quote]
We are planning the meet & greet for the June 6 cruise (8-day western, Belize instead of Cozumel) for the first sea day at the aft lido deck bar. That'll be [FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=4][COLOR=darkred]3 weeks from today![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] Can't wait - [SIZE=3][COLOR=orange]WOO HOO!![/COLOR][/SIZE]
[COLOR=#ffa500]:D;):o:D[/COLOR]

Well the May 9th 8 day western pulled into port this morning. I am hopeing some of them post something about the cruise and the chanaged itinerary. Come on guys post something. The next 20 days (June 6th) for me are going to go really slow. Right ganavy?

I'm also anxiously waiting!!

Well the May 9th 8 day western pulled into port this morning. I am hopeing some of them post something about the cruise and the chanaged itinerary. Come on guys post something. The next 20 days (June 6th) for me are going to go really slow. Right ganavy?

You can say that again, SoutFlorida!! DS keeps saying oh there's plenty of time left as she postpones her shopping - why would ANYONE want to do that? :o - and I keep saying, not as much time as you think! but then the days do seem to crawl along.

The itinerary change seems like no big deal to me, but we're really taking this trip for all those sea days anyway. Belize is very tropical and not nearly as Americanized as Cozumel, but all the usual suspects are there for shopping and there's lots of eco-tourism. I don't know what we'll be doing there, maybe just getting off the ship to sample a couple of Belikin (sp?) beers before retreating back to the (air-conditioned) buffet.

But yeah, I'd love to see a review too - interested to see how Carnival will tinker with the program. This must be a tough change for the crew as they now have to work hard 4 days in a row (last sea day on the 6-day trip, turnaround/port day, then 2 sea days to start the 8-day), it wears me out just thinking about it.

19 DAYS TO GO!!

• 2 weeks later...
I'll be on Freedom June 6 - only 4 weeks, woo hoo! - so if someone lets me know where something is put, I'll pass it on. Or they might let us start a CC guest book in the library, where everyone from a roll call gets to sign.

4 weeks, oh yeah time to get REALLY excited!!! :D:D:D

It would be really cool if you could start a CC guest log. You are on a few weeks before me so let me know if you start one!

I think that i will buy some small containers of our favorite cajun seasonings and hide a few in different areas and post clues to the locations when we return from the freedom on 5/18.

Also if you do this leave a lil note about who you are ,where you'r from and ask the finder to leave a lil something for the next person.

Hey another UWTC member! did you leave the seasonings hidden on the ship?

Fantastic ship and itinerary, we were on the 8 day Western 5/9-17. There were 8 of us, two mid 20's couples and two late 40's, early 50's couples. The only negative we could come up with was embarkation. Waited outside terminal for apprx 45 minutes, very slooow. Once inside term, we were checked in as fast as we could walk. DW and I passed on the platinum line as we wanted to stay with others in our group. This was truely the only bad part of our week, aside from having to debark at end of week.

If you like The Beatles, catch the Ticket to Ride 'tribute' show. Pretty good. Also, Big Easy (New Orleans jazz) was good. Didn't understand how portions related to NO but nevertheless a good show. We were in awe of the props and costumes in this show. Curious to how much it cost to put this one on the ship.

Most breakfast and lunch in Lido and we found good to very good. We are not picky and can always find something as we realize they are prepping for some 3000+ guests. Enjoyed fish and chips, deli station, Mexican station, stir fry...all of it. Main dining in the evening was great as well. Supper club one night and was okay, Don't know what happened but we usually enjoy one night (Supper Club) and if we find it superb, we will return for a second. Not this sailing, guess it was just an off night for us/them so we didn't revisit for a second. We will always go at least once per sailing when avail.

Ports were fine, not a typical Carib itin and that is exactly why we chose it a year ago when we booked. Satisfied with Belize subbing for Coz as some in our group had not been to Belize.

Canal tour in Panama thru Carni...it was long day but we survived and all enjoyed it. It was what we wanted to do and did it. Took the bus/ferry tour. Likely wouldn't do again, kinda one of those 'been there, done it' tours. Though we would like to do the train tour if ever return as we like trains.

Costa Rica...CHarlie Soto and Okey Dokey...zip line, canal, and banana plantation tour. Enjoyed our day with Rey and Steyton and would do it again but likely try something diff as there is so much to do/see in CR. These guys were great and very clear on what our day would consist of based on our requests. We had told them exactly when we wanted to be back to ship and they executed nicely getting us back right on time.

Belize...Coral Breeze (Hammerhead) to Bannister Isle. Meet them on the pier with no problem, we were bout 45 minutes late leaving as we had to wait on last party of three whom were late getting off ship:mad:. Should have left them and felt Hammerhead could have been little more informative. Still, we had a great day. They dropped some of us at isle and others went to snorkel. All had a great day and yes we would go with these guys again (even after the slow start) and yes we would return to Bannister but would really enjoy Caulker, time didn't allow that distance with our port times.

Ready to go back. As stated, this is a fantastic ship.

FYI...we are not cheerleaders for any particular line, we enjoy sailing all of them for the diff ships and itin. Currently planning for Fall '10, likely on RCI Freedom or Liberty and sure will have a great time. Will have to squeeze in another this fall or winter as that is waaay to long to wait.

Questions...I'll help where I can, enjoy your sailing:D:D

Cruisinlawn...any chance you might have copies of the Capers or menus? I'm trying to decide which night is best for the supper club and it would help to know what the regular dining room is serving each night.

Cruisinlawn...any chance you might have copies of the Capers or menus? I'm trying to decide which night is best for the supper club and it would help to know what the regular dining room is serving each night.

no menus but have the capers. Though it wil be few days before we return home. Just a hint, we made res for Supper Club for 4 nights prior to boarding. Did so based on what we thought our itin would be. Once onboard, and we knew our definite itin (Coz change due to flu), we canceled the ones we did not want. It worked out fine as we took care of this within the first 36 hours of boarding. You'll have a great time on a great ship. Enjoy.

Costa Rica...CHarlie Soto and Okey Dokey...zip line, canal, and banana plantation tour. Enjoyed our day with Rey and Steyton and would do it again but likely try something diff as there is so much to do/see in CR. These guys were great and very clear on what our day would consist of based on our requests. We had told them exactly when we wanted to be back to ship and they executed nicely getting us back right on time.:D:D

I'd love to hear more details about this tour...we have the same one booked in July. Did your tour include lunch?...a grocery stop?...how many people on the tour?

I'll look forward to seeing your capers!

I'd love to hear more details about this tour...we have the same one booked in July. Did your tour include lunch?...a grocery stop?...how many people on the tour?

I'll look forward to seeing your capers!

Ary...I posted a quick review over on the Costa Rica ports board. Its under the Okey Dokey thread. Just to answer...yep we had a nice lunch after the zip at Jungle Breezes. Veeery good chicken, rice and beans. All 8 in our party enjoyed it, couple of us could have went for seconds but didn't want to over indulge. I have read that some have lunch at Bonita Beach but our time was limited due to the change with Coz so we did not do the beach. Had lunch under a nice pavillion on the hillside, nice breeze. No grocery stop for us but this was our decision. We did have time but we preferred to head back to ship. Rey and Steyton were fantastic, I would try to get your res with them. They serve as guides for Charlie. Let me know. Ken.

I just sailed on the Freedom a week ago. Loved it! Todd Whitmer is a great cruise director.

I've heard that Todd is a great cruise director. He won't be on the Freedom when I sail though. John Heald will be the CD for my cruise and the Freedom cruises until August. I can't wait to board her! 18 more days to go!

I've heard that Todd is a great cruise director. He won't be on the Freedom when I sail though. John Heald will be the CD for my cruise and the Freedom cruises until August. I can't wait to board her! 18 more days to go!

Hi Breezy,

I'm back and WOOO HOOOO what a ship!!! We loved it!! Just back yesterday ready to go again!!! Todd is a hoot, I hope Happy Cole is still there when you sail. Try to catch his midnight show, too funny! :D I have added pics to our sig (see below) Hope you enjoy you cruise as much as we did.

AnitaMarie :cool:

Wow, tomorrow I fly to FLL and Saturday is THE BIG DAY, here at last! I'll post a review when we get back - it will be in the Member Reviews section, don't think I'll post it on the boards.

We have a pretty zany Roll Call going and I'm looking forward to a fun bunch. We're working on our own game, the DOD Slide - take a DOD down the waterslide with you and the person who spills the least, wins... bonus points for getting to the bottom without spilling the fruit or umbrella. By the time we're done, Todd the CD may be glad it's almost time for Heald to take his place.

Anyway, we're off to a great time. Hope yours is, too!! ;)

Archived