New To Princess

CaptainChoppers

Hi Everyone:

DH and I are thinking of trying the Carribbean Princess on 6/13/08 out of New York. This will be our fourth cruise but our first on the Princess Line.

Our first three cruises were with NCL.

A couple of quick questions: We are debating on whether to book a mini suite or balcony room. Can anyone tell us if any of these have any VIP perks like the suites have.

Also, we love to gamble and would like to know if there is a players club that we can join, like the one that NCL has.

Thanks in advance for any help!:)

Hi Everyone:

DH and I are thinking of trying the Carribbean Princess on 6/13/08 out of New York. This will be our fourth cruise but our first on the Princess Line.

Our first three cruises were with NCL.

A couple of quick questions: We are debating on whether to book a mini suite or balcony room. Can anyone tell us if any of these have any VIP perks like the suites have.

Also, we love to gamble and would like to know if there is a players club that we can join, like the one that NCL has.

Thanks in advance for any help!:)

Although I have never sailed on NCL I can somewhat answer your questions without the comparison.

On Princess, if you enjoy a sitting area in your cabin, definitely book a mini suite as inside, outside and balcony staterooms are pretty much just a bedroom with one semi comfortable chair and a desk chair. As for Mini suite perks, they are quite limited in a mini suite, but the full suite perks are fantastic.

Princess does have a players club that is quite new. But no perks associated with it to speak of.

The biggest advantage to having a mini suite is the seating area as mentioned above, as well as a bathroom with full tub, plus more cabin room in general. We had one on the Crown in September and really enjoyed it. However, if you don't really care about the aforementioned, save the $$$ and go with a standard balcony room.

The only real perks to a mini suite are as follows:

Complimentary champagne at embarkation (usually one glass each only)

Top of the range "Beautyrest" mattresses (although most of us question this fact as Princess is not known for the greatest mattresses, even in suites and mini suites)

Luxury 100 Egyptian cotton, high thread count ivory satin striped bed linens

Fluffy European duvets

Pillow menu

Massage shower heads

Luxury towels

If you go to Princess.com and type in 'Suites get Sweeter' in the search engine, you can bring up a very long list of full suite perks that really pamper you with luxury. Although, if you have looked at the full suite prices, you will understand why. ;)

I have sailed on NCL and won't be going back - I love Princess - The mini suite is usually not too much more $$ and does give the extra room that you need unless you are not going to be in your room much at all. I have been taking a guarantee for a mini suite or better and was lucky enough to get upgraded to a SUITE on the Crown - it was absolutley wonderful - I coudl have moved in - we even had our own potted plant! And I absolutley loved sailing out of NYC - have a great time!

We have sailed on the CP for the past two years. Our first year we had a mini-suite and last year our TA talked us into a balcony room on the Lido deck due to the location. I would say it was a toss up as to which we liked better. We loved the location of the balcony room. It was easy to get to everything. I especially liked being that close to the pool as we had 3 days at sea. Once in the balcony room, we didn't really notice the size difference. We also liked the actual balcony better. There was nobody on top of us or right below us, so we had more privacy and had a better view. However, sometimes in the morning, we could hear people on the jogging track above us. Nothing some ear plugs didn't cure!

Archived