Kayak Nature Tours in Freeport

lsarao

I'm not sure if this is an optional excursion from your cruises but we just did this tour from our hotel in Freeport and I wanted to highly recommend it. We had an absolute blast and want to go back and do all of their other tours.

On this particular tour we kayaked through the red mangroves for about an hour and ended up at this amazing beach. Then we took a short ride to an even better beach - Gold Rock beach - which was virtually deserted and amazingly calm, clear and tranquil. We had a light lunch and then got to spend an hour on the beach. After that we went for a nature hike and learned about some of the Bahamian flowers and trees. Finally we went on a tour of the caverns in the National Park. It was a great day. The periods of activity, relaxation, and historical and intersting information were perfectly timed and it was well worth the $69 per person for the tour.

I'd highly recommend this tour to anyone who is looking for something a little off the beaten track. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

• 2 weeks later...
We also did this excursion from RCCL's Grandeur a couple weeks ago. It was $84 pp thru RCCL, but we felt reasonable given all transportation/transfers were included & we did not have to worry about missing the ship if any problems. Freeport's pier is in a rather industrial area. Two of our passengers were left on the pier in Freeport that day. All aboard was 2:30, they arrived around 3:00.

Archived