Fantasy Mardi Gras Night??

stacydoc

Newbie to cruise critic but not to cruising! Set to sail Feb. 28th on the 4 day for a bachelorette party - about 40 females ONLY!! Heard something about a Mardi Gras Night or a Mardi Gras Party?? When is it and what do we need to bring-beads, costumes? (From New Orleans so we have access to everything Mardi Gras related). Can someone please let me know??

My wife and I went on our 1st cruise on 9/16/07 on the Conquest. When you first go to the dining hall you will be put on a specific colored team (red, white or blue). During the cruise passengers will compete in trivia games, contests, etc and will be awarded points to their specific teams. On Mardi Gras night ALL the teams go throughout the ship singing, shouting and dancing and voicing that they are #1. They meet up on the lido deck and dance, shout, dance, shout and eat. My wife has NEVER, EVER DANCED BEFORE and at 2am in the morning I had to drag her to our cabin and she sneaked out at 2:10 to dance some more.NO SHE DOES NOT DRINK !

We plan to cruise on 9/21/08 and we'll be taking our 23 yr old son who "does not dance". yea right ! YOU WILL LOVE IT !

Newbie to cruise critic but not to cruising! Set to sail Feb. 28th on the 4 day for a bachelorette party - about 40 females ONLY!! Heard something about a Mardi Gras Night or a Mardi Gras Party?? When is it and what do we need to bring-beads, costumes? (From New Orleans so we have access to everything Mardi Gras related). Can someone please let me know??

40 single women???? Wish I was on your sailing

Stacydoc,

We also are from NOLA and sailed Mardi Gras 2004 on the Mariner of the Seas. My DW loaded an extra suitcase with beads which I thought was crazy. Turns out she was the hit of the day. Those who have never experienced this mess we call carnival can't get enough of the beads. On that cruise a school teacher from Ohio was thrilled to get the bulk of the beads to take back to her class. I would say bring all you can carry, you'll find somebody who will want them.

Because there is 40 females in your group, wherever you go as group will be a party. Just go to one of the lounges early, set up shop and the party will find you all.

Deep blue seas: See you all on our 2/4/08 "true" Mardi Gras cruise

JimmyJames

We sailed the Fantasy 3 times since last December and on every cruise they had a Mardi Gras Pub Crawl. (Dec, March and August)

Basically, the Cruise Director, Asst Cruise Director and several social host start at the Piano Bar and proceed to sing, dance and drink their way (along with any cruisers who wish to participate) through the various bars!! We had a ball. We handed out the standard Mardi Gras beads...but after the first cruise, we knew to take our own. (that light up...of course)

Now, Big Tex is leaving the end of January for a MUCH needed vacation. So I am assuming that the new Cruise Director will continue this tradition.

We sailed the Fantasy 3 times since last December and on every cruise they had a Mardi Gras Pub Crawl. (Dec, March and August)

Basically, the Cruise Director, Asst Cruise Director and several social host start at the Piano Bar and proceed to sing, dance and drink their way (along with any cruisers who wish to participate) through the various bars!! We had a ball. We handed out the standard Mardi Gras beads...but after the first cruise, we knew to take our own. (that light up...of course)

Now, Big Tex is leaving the end of January for a MUCH needed vacation. So I am assuming that the new Cruise Director will continue this tradition.

LHP - any idea who will be replacing him at the end of January?

(apologies for the hi-jack)

LHP - any idea who will be replacing him at the end of January?

(apologies for the hi-jack)

Nope, I have not heard and I did not think to ask him when I talked to him a couple of weeks ago. I heard that Butch is currently on vacation...but there are several floaters that are currently available. It could be Tina Noble, Karl Bird or Torey Secoy....

Archived