Hotels at Ft Lauderdale port

KenM

I have been told the comfort suites located there is really nice. They have free shuttle to and from the airport and to the port. It was booked for our Feb cruise. So I went with SpringHill Suites. No free shuttle:( !

I've booked the Embassy Suites for a March cruise with my mom. I've read other positive posts and it's a lovely hotel, overlooking the cruise port. There's a shuttle, but it's not free. I've never been disappointed in an Embassy Suites.

I have found that most hotels are pretty close to the pier.

My wife and I stay at the Riverside Hotel and it is only about a ten minute taxi ride.

The Riverside has a great location and we really like it a lot, for the location.

We stayed at the Lago Mar, a boutique resort hotel, for 3 nights prior to our December 16 cruise. It was glorious - full-scale resort, right on the beach. We had a rental car for convenience, plus it's a bit of a walk from other places to go. We watched the cruise ships coming into port Sunday morning (between 5:30 and 7:30 am) from our patio - very very cool.

Sam

Sam....you are my man !!! We have stayed at most of the 17th street hotels and they are nice. We have stayed several times at Lago Mar and it DOES NOT GET ANY BETTER ! Fort Lauderdale Grande (formerly the Marriott Marina) is under renovation. When it is finished I am sure it will be very nice. Pier 66 (and the Grande) are on the waterway...great sight seeing. Renaissance on 17th street was nice. Embassy Suites was too ! #1...... Lago Mar !

Chuck's Steakhouse on 17th is a good value priced dinner. Don't miss the water taxi !

Comfort Suites was fine with us. It is basically a no-frills hotel, conveniently located to both the airport and the pier, with a good price rate. We only wanted a clean place to stay for an overnight before our cruise. Would go back there again. For nice ambience and good (not great ) food, try Waxy O'Connell's Irish Pub a few streets away; easily walkable.

We stayed at the Renaissance on 17th Street, just outside Port Everglades, after our TA cruise aboard Millennium in December. Very nice, and it only cost $99 on Hotwire. As others have said, the Water Bus isn't to be missed. $11 for all day and it takes you from where you get on near the Renaissance, all the way North to Oakland Park. You can get on and off and it runs from about 10 a.m. until near Midnight.

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

Archived