Roll Call - Avalon Tranquility Christmastime Cruise Nov 30/08

Sunspots

Hi fellow Christmastime Cruisers (and friends of Bill!)

Jeff and I are two of the few in our group that haven't met Bill personally and have no military connection. With that in mind, I thought this might be a good place for us all to get to know each other beforehand, ask questions, share past adventures and share what we find out about our upcoming adventure.

Jeff and I are in our late 50's, (I'm saying that ALOT now... I turn 60 in March) live in greater Sacramento, CA and are retired. We were introduced to this group by Stan and Marilyn, good friends and traveling companions. This will be our first river cruise, and we're very much looking forward to it.

I'm not sure just what keeps us busy, but we're seldom bored. Both of us enjoy spending time on the computer and we have a great time volunteering for wine at 3 or 4 nearby wineries. We also have five grandsons nearby that contribute to keeping us out of trouble, and we love to travel. I must say, though, I enjoy the planning and research almost as much as the travel.

I ran across this post the other day documenting the Viking Spirit's Christmastime cruise this past season, which is very close to the cruise we will be taking this year. It will give you an idea of what to expect in the ports we visit.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/virtual/virtual.cfm?ID=10&page=1

Jeff and I look forward to getting to know all of you over the next few months, and spending a few delightful days on the Danube with you this coming December.

Hi Julie! Glad to see your post!

I hope others going on this cruise will join in, regardless if they are with our group.

Several of us took a Tulips & Windmills cruise in 2006 on Viking and we had a great time and cruise. I am confident we will have another great cruise in December.

We have folks from Virginia, Texas, California, New Mexico and Nevada in our merry band. We are really looking forward to meeting you and Jeff and the folks we haven't met yet, as well as renewing friendships with those who we haven't seen in a long time.

We've already started identifying warm clothing we want to take for this chilly adventure-all part of the fun!

Archived