Discounts after booking??

CruisinInNC

We booked through Carnival last week for a 5-day in September. I was told that if there were any discounts between now & then, to just call back and we'd get either the discount, upgrade or OBC.

What's the best way to go about checking these daily?? I don't want to miss out on any promotions that we might be able to use to get a lower rate!

Thanks for any advice !:)

Keep going back to the CCL web site and "pretend" to book the cruise you're booked for, and look up your cabin catagory. If the price drops, or there is a upgrade availiable, cal your PVP and ask for the difference as an OBC or credit card refund. If the PVP plays dumb,or isn't sure, ask to speak to the supervisor. I played the game my last cruise and things worked out fine. Hope this helps. Oops, that reminds me! Time for me to check my res again!:rolleyes:

Since online agencies can't openly advertise rates lower then Carnival you can use any of the online sites to check prices from time to time. Don't pay attention to the free upgrades and excusions offered by the online sites as Carnival does not honor other lines freebies. It's only if Carnival is offering that they would be available.

I'm on the computer a lot at work and at home. Carnival updates their prices 4 times daily so once I have a cruise booked I check the site whenever it's convenient. Last cruise I noticed our price down by $50 pp at 6:00am one day, called and left a voice mail for my pvp (I had also screen shot it in case I had to prove it!). He called me back later that day to let me know he'd adjusted our balance accordingly.

Archived