Excursion Tipping

We are leaving on the Voyager in less than two weeks. One of the side trips we are taking is the rafting trip in Jamaica. How much is a reasonable amount to tip. Would 20% of the cost of the side trip be right, or how much is correct? I would imagine some kind of tipping is expected

I haven't been on that particular excursion or know what the cost is but I would think that, in general, $5.00 - $10.00 per person is probably average. The more they are involved the more we give....some excursions are merely a form of transportation with little involvement by the tour operator while some are very involved and talk or guide you the entire time. You can also keep a watch to see what others are giving too.

Have a great cruise!:p

Unless the tour guide goes above and beyond what we expected, we don't tip, especially on the ship's excursions. We've had some lovely excursions where the driver took us waaaay off the beaten path, and truly gone out of his way to show us something fantastic. That, we tipped for! If it's exactly what the brochure tells you will happen, I don't see where a tip is needed, considering the cost of the excursion!

Archived