Water taxi to Grand Anse beach

stitchintime

Will be in Grenada in February and would like to take a water taxi to Grand Anse Beach. Has anyone had any experience with the water taxis. Is there one set spot that the taxis take you to or are there a choice of drop off areas? Is there any type of jetty or dock to get in and out of the water taxi or do you drop off and enter the taxis right on the beach. Also if anyone knows the current rate that wuld be great. Thanks for any help

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

just got back. water taxi is an old beat up small boat that travels real slow. We took land taxi back and was the same price $3.00pp The land taxi took us thru a real nice bay area. Be warned. the locals are worse than mosquitos on a hot nite. they pester you constantly.The beach is nice though.

I agree! The water taxi is only $3.00. Our first ride to the beach the guy went so fast. We loved it but I do know it isn't safe. They stuff 19 - 24 people in an old boat with no life preservers on board. We realized this after we got on. Coming back , the guy claimed he was missing fare from 3 people and that he was short money. Well we ALL paid him, we think it was a scam to get more money. Also we heard the 2 men talking about that they were worried if an inspector was by the ship as we had 3 too many people on board and they would get fined. At the beach, you will get harassed constantly to buy stuff. They also sing to you to try and get a tip. They compete to rent you beach chairs and they can be bargained with. We got 2 chairs and 1 umbrella for $10.00. I would not buy any food or drink from them as I would not trust them. By the way, the beach was lovely. Laurie

• 3 weeks later...
just got back. water taxi is an old beat up small boat that travels real slow. We took land taxi back and was the same price $3.00pp The land taxi took us thru a real nice bay area. Be warned. the locals are worse than mosquitos on a hot nite. they pester you constantly.The beach is nice though.

LOL!! T-CRUISE, your water taxi was real slow. Ours on the other hand had to wait for enough passengers, loaded all the light people on the aft, heavy to the bow, and then blazed across passing the taxi that left at least 5 minutes before. Needless to say there were several white knuckles aboard! The situation in Grenada was sad and you are never left alone on the beach. I would suggest trying to visit a beach at a resort.

Archived