Shore Excursion dilemma

kywildcatfanone

Hi,

I have been on two previous cruises and have never booked a shore excursion on the ship, always via the advice I have found on these boards with locals. However, there is an excursion on our upcoming cruise that we are sort of interested in doing. But, my wife is a school teacher, and her biggest enjoyment in vacations in general and cruises specifically is soaking up the sun on the pool deck.

So, my deliema is this: if the weather on that day is really good (re: sunshine and nice), she would rather stay on the ship and enjoy the pool area, if the weather is rainy, cloudy, etc, she would rather do the excursion.

Can you book excursions while on the ship, or are they pretty much booked up ahead of time? My preference would be to wait until the day before, check out the weather, and then decide.

I know this probably sounds a bit silly, but it's my dilemma. Any advice?

Thanks,

Mike

sometimes the excursions are sold out in advance, but you can find that out at the desk dedicated to booking them....also, knowing the weather a day in advance could be an issue.

you can book them online, in advance, and you can cancel up to 24 hours before the excursion...perhaps that is the route to go.

Many shore excursions sell out within the first day onboard, mainly because they can be pre-booked online. Some even are sold out before you board. There is always a chance that the one you are interested in will still be available.

Just keep in mind that if you book before you board, or even once you get onboard, there is a window to cancel and receive a refund, usually about 24-36 hours prior to the excursion. It is always printed in the Princess Patter.

Archived