Planning first cruise, need help!!!

davethomasowns

Well, she successfully had her exam changed to earlier in the week! Next Friday I should officially be booking the cruise.

There are only two things I am worrying about now. First, that her manager will give her the time off without telling her that she is doing so. I wonder what Kaleigh is going to do when she gets her schedule for the week and she is off everyday...? I have to think these things out.

Secondly, if I surprise her the night of the 5th, and we leave the 6th, there is no way she can get packed that quick. Granted I will have most packed, she IS a girl, and will want specific clothes, dresses for the formal nights, etc. Maybe I should do it the night of the 4th?

Anyways thank again. I have been browsing the site non-stop. I am so excited already and I realize that the anticipation is going to be unbearable once I actually get paid up.

Shane A

Well, she successfully had her exam changed to earlier in the week! Next Friday I should officially be booking the cruise.

There are only two things I am worrying about now. First, that her manager will give her the time off without telling her that she is doing so. I wonder what Kaleigh is going to do when she gets her schedule for the week and she is off everyday...? I have to think these things out.

Secondly, if I surprise her the night of the 5th, and we leave the 6th, there is no way she can get packed that quick. Granted I will have most packed, she IS a girl, and will want specific clothes, dresses for the formal nights, etc. Maybe I should do it the night of the 4th?

Anyways thank again. I have been browsing the site non-stop. I am so excited already and I realize that the anticipation is going to be unbearable once I actually get paid up.

Shane A

Okay, one down....

Maybe her manager can put her on the schedule making Kaleigh think she is working. I would hate to see any of her coworkers "slip" about your surprise.

Your idea of packing for her is a great idea but how are you going to hide that? Since her birthday isn't until the 5th would she be suspicious of having a party on the 4th? It is that special birthday. How much time would she have to pack before you leave on the 6th? If she doesn't have to go out and buy anything I would bet she could pack pretty fast after finding out she is going to go on a cruise! If there isn't enough time for her to pack then you NEED to have it on the 4th. Just tell her that's the only day everyone can get together and the two of you will do something special on her actual birthday.;)

From a girls point of view you can't only give her one day to pack! I would go crazy. Are you guys partying on her birthday...since it's her 21st? She might not be OK to pack :eek: I'm sure everything will work out great! If packing is your biggest worry you should be fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to give an update to everyone that helped me out.

I booked the Miracle on March 6th. It just seemed to work with our schedule more than anything else. Since it was obvious we would need to do some shopping and get time off from work, I just told her that we are going to the beach for a couple days since we can get hotel rooms now (21.) So she thinks we are going to Clearwater Beach and that's all!

On Saturday we went shopping and I bought her a new dress and bathing suit, so packing in one day will not be hard at all.

Thanks!

Shane

Archived