NCL Sea Port Changes

mlrdking

Has anyone seen or heard of any expected port changes this week for the Sea? The NCL web site only lists port changes for the Dawn out of New York.

At this time all their ports of call are on the edge of Ivan in the middle of the Carribean. It's first port of call is Cozumel tomorrow. By then the storm will be about a day away. I personally think that Ivan is going to come as close to Cozumel and the Yucatan as Cuba.

I was just wondering what ports they would go to if they didn't go to the planned ports.

Murray

I hope someone replies with some information about the Sea because my brother is onboard...

I checked the actual forecasts for Cozumel as they relate to Ivan, and it looks like the ship might actually be able to slip down the Yucatan coastline to the island with minimal risk, since the Hurrican is headed up the channel and closer to Cuba. But I don't know the conditions...

The bridge cam continues to show grey skies and choppy seas.

Does anyone know of a cam in Punta Langosta at Cozumel? That's where the Sea is scheduled to dock/have docked this morning. Maybe they're just playing it slow and biding time until the hurricane passes through the channel, then they'll try and port tomorrow or later tonight. Who knows?

Regarding the NCL Sea which sails from Houston....the other two cruise lines which sail from that area (actually Galveston) posted changes on their web sites today / last night. Those are Royal Carib and Carnival. Why NCL did not bother is beyond me, as it was obvious yesterday afternoon that Northern Yucatan was going to get it hit, or at least feel the affects of Ivan. The Mexican government issued the warnings yesterday evening, and the port was closed on Cozumel last night (ferry boats stopped running on Sunday afternoon).

Anyway I noticed in another post that the Sea is heading down to Roatan and Belize and "may" pick-up Cozumel and Cancun on the way back. Oh well, I guess that you take your chances this time of year.

I'll be sailing on the NCL Sea on 10/9 and I hope that things are calm at that time.

DB

[quote name='mlrdking']Barry, I read you post and went to look for the message from your brother. I found the thread posted but there was no messages when I clicked on it.
I waited a while and now the thread is gone.
What happened?
Murray[/QUOTE]
I posted it as a separate thread, but the moderator gobbled it up and appended it to the end of their "sticky" Hurricane Ivan Update post:

[b][url="http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=76965"]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=76965[/url][/b]

Archived