Just back from the Mariner - Any Questions?

gattfamily

This is my second cruise with RCL. We love cruising and are planning to take our parents on a cruise in November 2005. We are also interested in the Ultra Voyager (2006.)

A review is in the works, and photos are ready to be shared, but it will have to wait until the 'cruise laundry' is finished (been working on it since this morning!)

Our experience with RCL wasn't the best in regards to Hurricane Frances (I'm referring to communication), more on that later. However, once we boarded the stress disappeared. Although the staff seemed 'tired' from the effects of Frances, RCL did their best to make us feel comfortable and entertained.

More later!

Yes, I have a couple of questions. We sail Mariner this Sunday, looks like we might be doing the "bus" thing to and from Miami.

1. Overall, how was the bussing situation, did you have to wait a long time to get on a bus, or were they plentiful? How was the ride itself?

2. How early was the first debarkation in Miami, and how early was the FIRST return bus to Orlando? We have a 12:30 flight home from Orlando, if we can be off the ship by say 7:30, we still may catch our flight. If not, we will miss it and need to change flights.

Any info on this situation would be appreciated! Thanks! :)

Yes, I have a couple of questions. We sail Mariner this Sunday, looks like we might be doing the "bus" thing to and from Miami.

1. Overall, how was the bussing situation, did you have to wait a long time to get on a bus, or were they plentiful? How was the ride itself?

2. How early was the first debarkation in Miami, and how early was the FIRST return bus to Orlando? We have a 12:30 flight home from Orlando, if we can be off the ship by say 7:30, we still may catch our flight. If not, we will miss it and need to change flights.

Any info on this situation would be appreciated! Thanks! :)

We didn't take the bus, so I'm sorry I can't share any info with you in that regard. What I can tell you is when we arrived at the Miami port at 11:00 a.m. there were loads of busses filled with people from the prior sailing (they arrived about midnight). I'm not sure how long they waited to fill the busses, or how long it takes to get to Orlando by bus. You may want to consider changing your flight to a later one.

We originally planned to fly into Orlando, but changed our minds when it looked like Frances would make a visit there. We ended up flying in to Tampa on 9/3. From there we flew into Ft. Lauderdale (9/7) then grabbed a limo service (a van with a trailer attached) to Miami which took about 30 minutes. The Mariner left about 10:00 that night.

When we arrived yesterday, we disembarked at 8:00 a.m. (some people left earlier), grabbed our limo service at 8:30 and made a 10:38 flight out of Miami no problem.

Archived