Fountain Fun Card

PennConn

$5.50 per day + tip. Tax is added if you buy before leaving U. S. waters.

Did not realize that the tax is added prior to leaving US Waters. I'll wait till we are our of port to buy my fountain fun card next time.

Thanks for the info.

Misty

Any one of the bars will sell the drink card. It is a bargain, only if you drink a lot of soda. Wait until the ship leaves the port to save on tax. Tea, fruit juices (3) are available in and near the buffet area on the Lido deck.

I find the beverage card is worth the money in a hot and humid climate like the Caribbean. I found it was wasteful when we cruised to Canada.

I'm sorry but I just want to clarify that the Fountain Fun Card is for SODA only?

What about juices served with breakfast? Coffee?

I know the policies for alcoholic beverages, but I just want to know that if I decide NOT to get the card for myself, I will still have the option of drinking, water, tea, coffee or juice at least. I will definitely get one for my son.

Can someone confirm or correct?

Thanks for the help.

• 2 weeks later...
Any one of the bars will sell the drink card. It is a bargain, only if you drink a lot of soda. Wait until the ship leaves the port to save on tax.

Let's see, if you get on the ship at, say, noon - is it really worth waiting 4-5 hours to save a lousy 2 or 3 bucks? Especially if you want a soda between boarding and sailing?

We got the card on our first cruise and hardly used it at all...we actually didn't use it until the second to last day because we were just never in the mood for a soda! Go figure! Then our last cruise we didn't purchase the card and our little one wanted soda all of the time...what a waste that was because she hardly drinks she will take 2 sips and next thing you know it's watered down...we really love the lemonade so that's what we drink most of the time on the ship anyway but I am debating it for next time....just because of our daughter maybe I will get the child's card for her.

Just curious....my mother was on HAL a few weeks ago and they told her that they recently changed their soda cards and it was actually like a punch card, she brought it back to show me it. They allowed 20 sodas per card, everytime you got a soda they punched the card she was upset because they had 3 left when they got home she figured for what they paid she should have used it all...do you think Carnival will ever change to this method?

Soda cards are only good if you drink alot. Remember ice tea, fruit punch, coffee, and lemonade is free. You can also bring on a reasonable amount of soft drinks. We brought on an 18 pack (small plastic bottles) on our last cruise. It was just enough for my 2 kids to have a little each day.

Soda cards are only good if you drink alot. Remember ice tea, fruit punch, coffee, and lemonade is free. You can also bring on a reasonable amount of soft drinks. We brought on an 18 pack (small plastic bottles) on our last cruise. It was just enough for my 2 kids to have a little each day.

Is iced coffee free, too or just hot coffee ?

Archived