Wine Pairing in Speciality Restaurant

Destin dreamer

Does anyone remember if you get the wines they list on the menu as suggested wines with each entree when you order the 6 course dinner with wine pairing in the speciality restaurant? The suggested wines vary greatly in price so I was curious if those are the ones served in the wine pairing or do they use other wines.

To be honest I really never checked to see if they were the same as listed as suggestions on the menus.

We've done the wine pairing twice. The first time was OK, but I thought I enjoyed the night with the regular menu more. I did have an item on the more limited pairing menu that I really wanted but a couple of people in group indicated, after the fact, they really didn't like the more limited selections. Too bad as we would have been just as happy without the pairing.

The second time was more recently and we really enjoyed the pairing. The wines were different for each person, depending on the menu item being served and were generous pours. The pairings and wines were excellent and we really enjoyed them. They did all they could to make the evening special - including finding some great wines for my wife who can not drink red wines.

I can't tell you specifics, but I know when we had the wine pairing on our last X cruise, one of the selections was not the same as the (very expensive) suggestion from the regular menu. (Listed on the menu that way, it wasn't something they just did to us. ;) )

Archived