Rhino Rider Excursion

Wksskier

We are going on the Golden Princess 10/3/04 and one of the ships excursions is the Rhino Rider and snorkel excursion. These are 2 person rubber boats with a motor that you drive yourself. Has anyone done this and if so was it a good excursion or should we skip it? I see it is also offered in Antigua and St Maarten. Thanks.

Carole =^..^=

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Phil,

How are you? I saw that you posted for the 10/03 sailing on the Princess roll calls. You are the only one who has responded so far : )

I had thought about doing this excursion in Barbados. However, my husband thought (from the picture) that he liked the boat in Antigua better. Don't ask me they all look the same. So now we are probably not going to do it in Barbados. I pre-booked the mini-boat adventure in Antigua. I think it leaves at 10am. Afterwards we will probably go to the beach maybe Dickenson Bay which is not too far from the ship. Last time we went to Antigua we spent the day at the Sandals resort on Dickenson Bay. My husband went waterskiing there and we took out a hobie cat. It made for a nice day.

As for the snorkeling, I think the book mentioned that there was a guide who would instruct you how to do it. Sounds like fun.

We have no plans for Barbados now. We might end up renting a car and driving around hitting a few beaches now and then.

Carole =^..^=

• 1 month later...

Hi Cruisers,

If you are back on Cruise critic, wondering how you liked the Rhino Riders in Barbados? My Mom & I are thinking of booking it for our cruise in December. I'd love to hear your full reports if you have a minute!! Thanks for your assistance

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone. I have done the Barbados Rhino Rider excursion and its a lot of fun. The boats are easy to operate once you follow your guides instruction. We started out with a briefing and collected our snorkelling gear and life jackets then we boarded a transport vessel that took us to where the Rhino's were anchored and boarded them. Then we went along the island's west coast zig zagging and following the person in front of you. We saw where Tiger woods recently got married and then we snorkelled over a shipwreck and a reef. Lots and lots of fish are to be seen and the guides were great and informative. then we boarded the boats again and here we had the option to change drivers and then we headed back to where we started the tour , where we boarded the transport vessel where we had some of the famous Barbados Rum Punch as we returned to the dock.

In my opinion it was a FANTASTIC tour. not too long or too short and we were able to do some shopping.

I hope you do this and enjoy it as much as i did.

Archived