Hotels near Charleston airport

newbrunswicker

We are arriving in Charleston late in the evening of March 14th for our March 15th sailing of the Majesty. We have a rental car to drop off at the airport so we were looking for reasonably priced hotel ($100 or less It just has to be clean not fancy) near the airport. It seems that all the hotels near the airport get poor reviews on trip advisor. Seems it is a bad part of town. We would be willing to stop in the Mt.Pleasant area on the way in and return the car in the morning but again hotels in that price range don't get very good reviews. I have asked this question before and everyone recommended staying downtown but we will be arriving after dark and won't have time to do any sightseeing. Has anyone had any success in finding a hotel in the areas I have mentioned? Thanks

I live about 4 miles form the airport and the area around it is not bad, infact it is mosty commercial. There is a new Holiday Inn on Micheaux Parkway (same road as the airport). There are many new food establishments, new Wal-mart and a large new Outlet Mall (Tanger Mall). You will also find an Embassy Suites, Quality Suites, and a Sheraton. There are some cheaper hotels, but I they are older and I would not stay in them.

I use these hotels to hold meetings and dinners in for work. They are nice and very safe.

Hope you have a wonderfule cruise!:)

The Days Inn is very old, honestly I have not been inside in a long time.

There is an Exstended Stay America that is realitively new and located in the same area. It is on North Arco Lane, 843-747-3787 which is aroun $70 a night. There is also a Homestead Studio Suites, which is around $100.

Hope this helps

• 4 weeks later...

We stayed at the Wingate Inn, in North Charleston. Safe location near Tanger Mall. Nice deal from them: free parking, 2 queen beds, complimentary cocktails 5-7, free round-trip shuttle to port, free breakfast............all for 99.00. Susan was our contact.

John

Their on line reservation system shows no rooms available for that night but I will call direct.

Curious to know if you've called them & what you found out. Do they still offer the parking & shuttle? I sent them an email (got it from their own web site) but it was returned as undeliverable. Also tried calling but can't find out calling card (we don't have long distance service!).

Thanks.

This is mainly for people without reservations. It probably will not help people who like to reserve in advance.

If you are driving to Charleston, look for the "Welcome Centers". In these places look for 3 free publications:

1. South Carolina Travel Coupons http://travelcoupons.com/

2. Roomsaver (South Carolina). http://www.roomsaver.com/coupon_search.php?state=SC

3. Official Interstate Guide (South Carolina). http://www.theoig.com/index.php?temp...ton&state=S C

I have listed the web sites so that those flying in can also take advantage of the walk-in coupons. Just print the coupons yourself.

There are great savings to be had on hotels and motels.

These are better rates than AAA. But you need to PRESENT THE COUPON in person to get the great rates and I don't think a phone reservation will work. At the web sites, look for the walk-in coupon rate.

Some hotels that have coupons are: Sleep Inns; Masters Inns; Comfort Suites; Comfort Inns; Days Inns; Hawthorne Suites; Hampton Inn Suites; Best Western; Howard Johnson; Travelodge; La Quinta; America's Best Value Inn; Lands Inn, etc. Each brand has several locations and the coupons are specific for an address. Thus, there might be 10 Days Inns but only 1 or 2 might be listed.

I am on the NCL Majesty leaving Feb. 16 but am already in Charleston. I have a great room at the Best Western on Route 17 (5 miles from the Port). It has a microwave, refrigerator, great continental breakfast, and the manager is letting me keep the car in the lot. I am paying $49 for Wednesday and Thursday. Friday is more expensive and is costing me $59. But don't try getting a room at these rates when the city is expected to be busy. The coupon rates are NOT guaranteed.

Archived