Poolside movies?

Mrs M

I am currently planning my first cruise and have seen Princess' MUTS screens - this would be perfect for us. Do any other cruise lines have big screens like this or is it a Princess-only thing?

Also, what hours do the screens run?

Thanks!

I am currently planning my first cruise and have seen Princess' MUTS screens - this would be perfect for us. Do any other cruise lines have big screens like this or is it a Princess-only thing?

Thanks!

This is a Princess thing, but not even all Princess ships have it. When we were on the Grand Princess, they ran music videos and family-friendly type stuff during the day. I was amazed at the clarity of the screen during the day with full sun!! I think who ever came up with this idea was brilliant, and we enjoyed stretching out in the loungers at night with a little light weight blanket and watching a movie. Our DS always fell asleep (he was almost 5 at the time), but it was great family time for us.

Carnival is also now putting the large screens by the pool on their ships. You will need to check out their website to know which ships have them.

On Princess they pretty much run all day. During the day it is all family friendly; except on fall Sundays when they do show football. At night they will have PG-13 movies up there; more adult. Your daily Patter will list what is playing at MUTS each day and the hours.

Carnival Freedom,Carnival Liberty,and Carnival victory(Recently insalled) all has Movies under the stars and Carnival Valor is going to get one very soon. I heard All of the Carnival ships will eventualy have them over the next couple years. They usualy have a "Morning Show" with the cruise director on in the mornings,Scenery on the screen during the day and towards the evening they play concerts and newer released movies. They also play sports.

Lindsey

• 1 month later...

Thanks!

Movies run all day long. Supriringly, you cannot hear the movies if you are not in the area where the MUTS screen is located at. I enjoyed watching movies while swimming in the pool during the day. At night it was like you at a drive-in. I really missed the MUTS when I cruised in November on Canival. If you miss the on the big screen on night, you can watch in your room the next night around midnight.

Archived