Beach suggestion by water taxi?

Donnaluv2cruise

From what I've read you can access a few beaches by water taxi. Grand Anse looks nice but I've read where people are hounded by the vendors on the beach. While we do like to have amenities, (chairs, restroom, drinks, food,) we don't want to be swarmed. Can anyone make a suggestion? Would it be better to take a regular taxi and go a bit further?

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey what's up?

Just came back from 10 day and we took the water taxi to Grand Anse...Better to take the water taxi first thing than regular cab when you first get off as you've going to get stuck in traffic...Water taxi is a little freaky but fun and it'll get you there with a story to take back home...You'll be met by someone as soon as you get to the beach...My reccommendation is to get to know this person, we did and he took care of us the whole day without any pressure...Once other people know that you've already got "a guy" looking after you, no bother most of the time...Yeah, there's vendors but that's what they do, just make some eye contact and offer the polite no thanks...Beach is superb, nice sand, endless stretch to take a walk, washroom, gotta pay a buck to take a leak so don't seize up cause you're still payin the buck.

We had a great day here, this island was brutalized by the hurricanes a couple of years ago...95% devastation and they are really working hard to get it back into shape...Like a comedian said, "a hurricane blew through there and caused two million dollars in improvements"...Nice people, great spices...Take the cab back as there's not as much traffic going back..

Need anything else, let me know

Newts

i was at Grenada a few ago and also went to Grand Anse...the beach was very pretty and the water was gorgeous! We got off the ship early and took a taxi over - no traffic, just a lot of steep and windy roads through the town.

there are vendors, but just say "no thanks" and they'll leave you alone. we also had a guy that came back to us throughout and got us more drinks, showed us their menu, etc.

He told us about the water taxi, but most of the time, we saw it just sitting there because they had to wait till it filled up to head back to the ship. We took a cab back to the ship and ended up paying the same price as the water taxi. there were tons of people waiting with their cabs to take you back to the dock.

• 3 months later...

Just take the water taxi to grande anse. You don't even leave the terminal to get it. The beach is great and the vendors are not that bad. You will be approached but just tell them you're good. Our kids went tubing and had a blast- the guy with the boat (there will be several) was great and gave them a really good ride, allowed me to ride in boat to take pictures.

Archived