Costa Fortuna 1/20/08

FINS UP!! 2008

We'e up too! Don't know about the outlets - but I imagine there would be a sufficient amount - haven't heard complaints on the board. Where are you flyng/driving from? We're in NJ - gonna be cold leaving - as long as there's no snow!

There is an outlet in the bathroom strictly for plugging in a razor. The hairdryer is provided (in the desk drawer in regular rooms and in the vanity drawer on suites) There is one outlet in the room that accepts north american gadgets, but it wouldnt hurt to bring your own adapter and converter if you have a lot that needs charging. Costa warns about and requests that you dont use power bars and extension cords b/c fire hazzard. We have always used those in the past with no problem, but didnt want to ruffle any feathers:D So we got the butler to get dh a european adapter for his CPAP

The specialty dining is no longer a set fee but is a la carte and prices are similar to restaurants here. Altho it could certainly add up when you pay separately for appetizers, soup, salad, pasta, entree and dessert (like the dining room meals) We used it on the Mediterranea at Christmas and the meal was fantastic - fresh homemade breads and rolls, fresh pasta etc. We had the meal comped b/c we were in 2 suites, but for our family of 5 to pay to eat there would have set us back a bit!

Pools are saltwater (I think that is the same for all the ships isnt it?)

NJS- thanks for the info. I will buy an adapter just is case.

Robin- there are six of us cruising. Three from Michigan and three from Arizonia. I'm (also a Robin) flying through Chicago so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for decent weather.

Hey Bird - sounds like a great get together for you! We're traveling with our dearest friends (we always travel together!) - can't wait! Just keeping my fingers crossed for no snow storms - the weather here has been beautiful for the past week - sixties; know it won't hold out forever. Maybe we'll see you on board!

ANY ADVICE, 1ST TIME CRUISERS. CRUISING WITH A 19 MONTH OLD AND A 16 YEAR OLD ? ARE THE POOLS ON BOARD SALTWATER? IS THE SPECIALTY RESTAURANT WORTH THE EXTRA? THANKS FOR ANY INFO.:cool:

Fins Up, you should visit the Family Cruising board here on Cruise Critic. There's tons of information and advice about cruising with little ones.

Also, please take off your caps lock --- it means that you're yelling or screaming....;)

Fins Up, you should visit the Family Cruising board here on Cruise Critic. There's tons of information and advice about cruising with little ones.

Also, please take off your caps lock --- it means that you're yelling or screaming....;)

ARBITA,

YOU CERTAINLY HAVE IT IN FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE USING CAP LOCKS TODAY.

RON

PS. I AM NOT SCREAMING; JUST YELLING AS I HAVE JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE AFTER TRYING TO CHAT WITH DMiL, SHE DIDN'T HAVE HER HEARING TURNED ON.

PPS. Now back to normal.

Archived