Max measurements for carry on luggage

birdylady

I know I saw posted months ago (and I did try a search) that had the maximum measurements for carry on luggage for the cruise terminal Xray machines. In specific for Port Canaveral. Since we are driving, size and weight doesn't matter. But needless to say we don't' want to get to security and find out we have to send our luggage back through with the porters.

Any help on this would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanx,

Erika

I don't think length will be an issue, but width and height are about the same as carry on size at an airport. You will not be able to bring aboard full sized suitcases, just drop those off with the porters and the ships crew will deliver them a few hours later. (Just in case you were thinking of carrying on full sized bags!)

It is the same as at the airport which is listed as 22 x 14 x 9 in general or 45 total linear inches adding height,length and depth.

For airline purposes can you tell me if it matters if you are boarding a big or smaller plane? I was told that my 17X12X6 inch rolling tote may not qualify as a carry on if we happen to be on a smaller plane.

Thanks!

For airline purposes can you tell me if it matters if you are boarding a big or smaller plane? I was told that my 17X12X6 inch rolling tote may not qualify as a carry on if we happen to be on a smaller plane.

Thanks!

There is general rules and then the airlines have their own and then within the fleet there could even be stricter rules. My son flies Delta to Vermont all the time on this really small plane that his normal carry on is too big for. When he does the same route on Jetblue he can stow it up top in the plane. Check the website for your airline and you might want to check what type of airplane you will be on.

There is general rules and then the airlines have their own and then within the fleet there could even be stricter rules. My son flies Delta to Vermont all the time on this really small plane that his normal carry on is too big for. When he does the same route on Jetblue he can stow it up top in the plane. Check the website for your airline and you might want to check what type of airplane you will be on.

Well that makes sense. Thanks Sue! I am expecting my docs Mon or Tues, will check then :)

Thanks!

Some carry-ons that fit on a mainline jet may not fit on regional jets. Usually if this is the case airline staff will just put your bag in the cargo hold at the gate.

Archived