Kid's Crew Backpack

Jimmys Chippy

Any idea what's inside these things? What ages are they aimed at and are they worth the money? The NCL website only gives the cost and nothing else. My children are 10 and 8 and something waiting for them when we get on board would be nice.

Thanks.

It contains a wristband for free soda refills all week. There's a t-shirt and baseball hat as well as a refillable soda cup. Be sure to buy it the first day, because if you want it later in the cruise, you might have a hard time getting someone to dig one out for you. And you have to pay for the wristband whether you use it or not.

From Xelcax recent review of the Gem/7 day:

"Once we got on board we were greeted by champagne and the Crystal Atrium, which, as colorful as it was, is just barely "over the top". The 20 ft. x 20 ft. video screen was impressive and they were playing the Nintendo Wii on it for the passengers who had not been granted access to their rooms. At this time we purchased the unlimited soda stickers for our room keys. ($67.00 per Adult for 7 days, included gratuity). Then we went to get the kids soda packages @ the kids clubs - Teen passport(13-17) $34.50 for 20 non-alcoholic smoothies or sodas & entry to the teen party last sea day (DON'T LOSE the book, they wont give you another one), Kids (2-12) you had a choice of $16.50 unlimited soda only or $34.50, unlimited soda, backpack, cup, sunglasses and NCL t-shirt".

Hope this helps. I agree, it would be cute for them to have something waiting for them when they arrive on the ship.

Have a great cruise:)

We were on the Spirit last week. The backpacks are primary colors, and my 8 year old daughter thought it was "babyish" so we didn't get it. They color t-shirts on the last night of the cruise during the kids club pajama party and there is no charge for the t-shirt. The backpack is too small to be used for school. You can just buy the soda band for $16 without having to buy the backpack.

Also for the teens is the "teen passport" for smoothies. $34.50 for 20, and they tear out of the book. My kids all (14, 12 and 8) shared the coupons, the staff didn't care who gave the coupons to "pay" for the smoothies. Otherwise the smoothies are $6.90 each!

Any idea what's inside these things? What ages are they aimed at and are they worth the money? The NCL website only gives the cost and nothing else. My children are 10 and 8 and something waiting for them when we get on board would be nice.

Thanks.

They liked the shirt (its better than what they give you the last night), really liked the ball cap.

They backpack was a bit babyish looking, but they used to carry stuff to the pool deck.

Prices cited are correct.

You can also pre-order so you have to soda wristband from the get-go.

What do you mean you have to pay for the wristband wheather you use it or not? Do you mean if you buy the backpack? Or, are you saying all kids must buy the wristband?

I think the point was, if you buy the backpack, the price includes the wristband, not optional. So, if you did not purchase it on Day 1, you still pay full price for the wristband, and will have missed some time that you could have used it - not pro rated for days remaining.

One note - our grandkids were with us for two cruises, and did not purchase the package. One concern was that too many kids would have their backpacks around the pool, making it easy to misplace or pick up someone else's bag. In reality, that did not appear to be a problem around the pool, not sure at the Kid's Krew location.

I later bought one at a local tag sale for $.50, for kicks, and doubt it was ever used!!

Archived