any time dinning vs traditional dinning

baileyimpact

What do you think is the best way to go for a couple traveling alone.

We are cruising on the Emerald Princess in April.

You'll find people pretty split on this issue. Here's my take:

We just finished a 15-day Hawaii cruise. We opted for anytime dining (our first time using this option). in short, we loved it. The first night, we made reservations at the Savoy. The service was so-so. The next night, we made reservations at the Santa Fe. The service was so-so. The next night we made reservations at the Pacific Moon. We had superb service and sat next to two delightful people at the adjacent table who we became good friends with. We talked to the MD and requested a standing reservation for the same two tables for the remainder of the cruise at the same time every night.

Others may differ in their opionion; as for me, I'm sold on anytime dining.

Whatever you choose, have a great time.

MJ

The one positive of traditional is you have the same waitstaff each night. They get to know your preferences and MAY try a little harder in hopes of an extra tip at the end of the cruise.

Anytime obviously gives you the opportunity to eat at the time you prefer each night.

I like traditional. Almost all our waitstaff over 10 cruises have been very good to excellent. I like getting to know the waitstaff and it's nice that they know what you prefer by the second or third night.

I like both traditional and anytime dining. When we choose anytime we never make reservations, we just show up when we are ready to eat. For us that is anywhere from 5:30 to 7:30 PM. Sometimes we choose to have a table for two and other times we take the first available table and get to know some new people. The positives for traditional are that we get to know our table mates and servers and we enjoy that experience as well. I think you will be pleased which ever you choose.

Archived