TRS - Brisbane? Where?

Surf_Chick

Ok so i have read up on the TRS thing today and i think its excellent cause im about to go and purchase a new camera & memory card for my cruise, im getting the camera for the same price as duty free so if i claim the TRS back it will be cheaper then duty free :D FANTASTIC

Im just wondering is there a TRS place at the Brisbane Port as it does not say on the customs site or P&O site?

Thanks

Kate :o

Hi Kate,

As per the TRS website:-

Claims can be made after you have passed through Customs and Immigration outward processing.

The TRS facilities are located past Customs and Immigration outwards processing at cruise liner terminals at Circular Quay and Darling Harbour in Sydney, Brisbane, Cairns, Darwin, Fremantle and Hobart.

Hope this helps.

Anthony

Ok so i have read up on the TRS thing today and i think its excellent cause im about to go and purchase a new camera & memory card for my cruise, im getting the camera for the same price as duty free so if i claim the TRS back it will be cheaper then duty free :D FANTASTIC

Im just wondering is there a TRS place at the Brisbane Port as it does not say on the customs site or P&O site?

Thanks

Kate :o

Not sure if it's changed with the new arrangements at Portside, but when we went in September TRS was located between immigration and security. Officers were there asking if you had any duty free or you needed to claim.

If i was to buy a pair of sunnies that cost around $300.00 can i claim them on this TRS? And how much would i get back?

the invoice must be over $300 from the one store, and you will get back 10% so just divide the price of the sunnies by 11 and that should be what you get back, hope this helps :D

if you go to this site, it has ALL the info u need :)

http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page.cfm?u=4366

hope this helps Sarah

Archived