Bon Voyage decorations?

dolphinwyo

I am debating about purchasing any boy voyage gifts or stateroom decorations. I think I read somewhere that "Cruisinmama" usually decorated the room, but can't find any threads on it - have read way too many threads, it is all blurred together.....:) Anyway - anyone decorating the room, buying any of the gifts like Funship Freddy, coolers, etc.? I know we will do the build a bear thing, if they have it, but wondering if it is worth it to make the room fun too. Thanks for thoughts, pictures, etc.

I am debating about purchasing any boy voyage gifts or stateroom decorations. I think I read somewhere that "Cruisinmama" usually decorated the room, but can't find any threads on it - have read way too many threads, it is all blurred together.....:) Anyway - anyone decorating the room, buying any of the gifts like Funship Freddy, coolers, etc.? I know we will do the build a bear thing, if they have it, but wondering if it is worth it to make the room fun too. Thanks for thoughts, pictures, etc.

I can't imagine doing all that unless you were really celebrating something out of the ordinary!! why make the cabin appear smaller with stuff flying around your head...it's just more work for the stewards (to try and avoid when they clean.)

Some of the decoration do get pretty annoying before the week is up. The main one they usually hang in the center of the room is knocking you in the head each time you walk by. If you must have something then go for a cheese assortment or chocolate dipped strawberries. Get something you can actually use and not something to take down and throw away. Just my own opinions, of course. Happy Sailing!

That is what I was wondering - more hassle than fun? I had posted this in the family forum, as I was mainly thinking of my 2 kiddos (3, 6) and whether they would like the room decorated - I had mentioned "cruisinmama" because I thought I had read somewhere that she had used the decorations before. My kids will be in awe of the ship itself, I am sure we probably won't spend much time in room. Maybe I will just buy the cooler of beer for DH, and let the kids build a bear or hit the gift shop and call it good. Thanks for any other thoughts on this...it is one of the last things I am debating about on this long awaited trip......

Yep that's me ;)

We always decorate the cabin for every cruise.

We've had bday, anniversary, christmas and bon voyage decorations. The kids LOVE the decorations. And yours are at the same age. LOL...I just asked my 7 year old if she liked the cabin decorations and my hubby yells out "Hey even I like them!" lol

My youngest has some from her bday cruise stuck to her bedroom door.

So on a cruise where there is food everywhere you look, I don't need to order choc covered strawberries. ;)

Thanks - I thought I had read that! Do you have any pictures, or have you previously posted any pictures on a different thread, of the Bon Voyage decorations? I just want to make everything special. I was thinking of having a Bon Voyage party at home before we go (just our family), found some cute Bon Voyage paper goods online - we have a picture of the ship hanging up in the kitchen. Every time a Carnival commercial comes on t.v. I get all excited and tell the kids to come watch - they are not as thrilled with all of this as me - "yes, mom - we have seen the boat" :D

I can't help it, I am excited!! Thanks for any pics and for replying!

Thanks - I thought I had read that! Do you have any pictures, or have you previously posted any pictures on a different thread, of the Bon Voyage decorations? I just want to make everything special. I was thinking of having a Bon Voyage party at home before we go (just our family), found some cute Bon Voyage paper goods online - we have a picture of the ship hanging up in the kitchen. Every time a Carnival commercial comes on t.v. I get all excited and tell the kids to come watch - they are not as thrilled with all of this as me - "yes, mom - we have seen the boat" :D

I can't help it, I am excited!! Thanks for any pics and for replying!

We just got a catalog from a company called www.ShindigZ.com and they have a whole section on a "Bon Voyage" party. My oldest wanted the theme for her 8th bday...lol. So check out that site.

Since I am on my lap top and I don't have the pics of the Bon Voyage cabin loaded into this computer...but I can show you the anniversary and bday ones because they are the most recent and are stored at photo bucket

RCCL Freedom Bday decorations

IMG_0734.jpg

IMG_0802.jpg

Carnival Anniversary Decorations

IMG_1189-1.jpg

Thanks for the pics and info! I will check that out. Looks like fun. Your kids are sure lucky to get to travel so much, it is my favorite family thing to do, but unfortunately, we don't live anywhere near a port - so we can't go as often as I would like. I will check out the website for the party. What a fun idea for a birthday too! Thanks again!!

Thanks for the pics and info! I will check that out. Looks like fun. Your kids are sure lucky to get to travel so much, it is my favorite family thing to do, but unfortunately, we don't live anywhere near a port - so we can't go as often as I would like. I will check out the website for the party. What a fun idea for a birthday too! Thanks again!!

I live in West Central Pennsylvania...about as far away from a port that I can get....lol. But with $49 airfare on Airtran, I can always get myself to a port. ;)

That would be nice! We are in the middle of Wyoming, so we have to drive to Denver first, usually spend the night at a hotel near the airport, and then fly anywhere else. 4 tickets across the country usually cost the same as the cruise. Plus through Wyoming to Denver in the winter is not always that fun! Looking at a move someday though - somewhere warmer and closer to a port!:)

Archived