Century cabin question

phinn

Has anyone stayed in a SS on the Penthouse deck? I'm curious about noise from above (#1058), wonder whether or not there is an outlet in the bathroom, and can anyone tell me the size of the balcony? I seem to get different answers about the balcony so I wondered if someone who stayed in one on that deck can answer?

Has anyone stayed in a SS on the Penthouse deck? I'm curious about noise from above (#1058), wonder whether or not there is an outlet in the bathroom, and can anyone tell me the size of the balcony? I seem to get different answers about the balcony so I wondered if someone who stayed in one on that deck can answer?

Here is a picture of the balcony for cabin #1069. I had similar issues where some would say the balcony is smaller on that deck than others. I think this settled it for me, as during the "big makeover" they evidently added some square footage to the balcony. Since we are going to be in #1069 over Valentine's - I searched endless threads before I found someone in "my" cabin. They were kind enough to mail some photos!!

184582790-L.jpg

184582794-L.jpg

There appears to be a lot of overhead coverage - which we like... not all do, obviously!

Tom

Thank you sooooooooooo much. I guess a picture is worth a thousand words! X offered me one of the new ones on Deck 12 with the huge balcony, but I opted to stay here. Even they couldn't answer me exact size. This settles the balcony question once and for all. I agree with you, I prefer the coverage...

We just got off the 1/7 Century sailing and stayed in SS 1070. The balcony looked exactly like the one posted above and as far as I could tell, so did the rest of the sky suites. No real noise to speak of; certainly nothing to wake us up or cause concern.

I wouldn't recommend our room in the near future (or anything too close to it) because we had some butler issues.....but that's a different story. :)

Kelly

We just got off the 1/7 Century sailing and stayed in SS 1070. The balcony looked exactly like the one posted above and as far as I could tell, so did the rest of the sky suites. No real noise to speak of; certainly nothing to wake us up or cause concern.

I wouldn't recommend our room in the near future (or anything too close to it) because we had some butler issues.....but that's a different story. :)

Kelly

Sorry you had butler issues. Truthfully, I don't think I will use ours much, I got the room for the size. Trying to impress my DH as this is his first cruise versus my 8th. It is also the honeymoon we never got. Glad to hear the noise level should not be that bad. From deck above of course!

Kelly

Well, hopefully they won't shift him over to the other side (1069) of the ship by next month!

We have never had a butler, so I am not sure what to expect of them anyway!! (any insight?)

Tom

To the OP...Looks like you are directly under the grill, so you could have some prep noise in the early morning and perhaps some food smells drifting down. However, if you are not a late sleeper, and after seeing that huge unheard of side balcony, I'd take your stateroom in a second over my CC below. That is, if there were any left for my sailing in three weeks. :(

Archived