Quality of cappuccino on Gem

elron

I assume the Gem has the same coffee machine as the Pearl. I found the coffee at self service espresso machine and the pay coffee bar to be very weak. I had to put about 3 espresso shots into my latte. I saw cans of Illy at the coffee bar but it sure didn't taste like Illy to me. But remember the espresso machine is free which is a huge bonus considering Starbucks is pushing $5 on some drinks.

I assume the Gem has the same coffee machine as the Pearl. I found the coffee at self service espresso machine and the pay coffee bar to be very weak. I had to put about 3 espresso shots into my latte. I saw cans of Illy at the coffee bar but it sure didn't taste like Illy to me. But remember the espresso machine is free which is a huge bonus considering Starbucks is pushing $5 on some drinks.

You sound like my brother, he is living in Spokane.

I live in the metropolitan area so the machines are fine for me;)

We have been reading that you can get(at no charge) cappuccino from the coffee machines. Does anyone know the quality of the caps?

Not sure if they give you "caps" for your coffee cups :), but if you are asking about the cappuccino, then the answer that applies to food applies to this situation. Whether coffee is good or bad is very subjective. What one person likes the next may not. The ONLY way you are going to know, not that there is anything you can do about it anyway, is to try it when you get on board.

Either way, good or bad, you will have a great cruise.

as everyone has their own taste, I love strong espresso with the orange liqour that a true cappucino is. But machines some are fresh ground beans and brew a great cup. Others are like hot cocoa that is powder into hot water. I am hoping for the ground beans type.

They have high end espresso/coffee/cappuccino/latte machines that offer high test or unleaded (regular or decaf). The machine grinds the beans then dispenses the drink of choice. DH loved his quintuple espresso and I loved the latte and cappuccino.

And did we say it's free?

2578153500100084953S600x600Q85.jpg

Yes, that is the great machine! Thank you very much for verfying the great brew, YEAH!

They have high end espresso/coffee/cappuccino/latte machines that offer high test or unleaded (regular or decaf). The machine grinds the beans then dispenses the drink of choice. DH loved his quintuple espresso and I loved the latte and cappuccino.

And did we say it's free?

2578153500100084953S600x600Q85.jpg

Archived