Cruising with Grandson & his Parents Passport Quiz Question

marcyjane

Hi,

Going to ask you folks, because I've gotten two different answers from RCI.

My Son, his wife and my grandson and myself and going on a cruise on RCI in June 08 to St. Thomas, St. Martin.

My question is my grandson is on my reservation and in my cabin, but his parents are going and have the cabin next to ours. He has a passport, but is there anything else that we need to take for his ID? He is 9 years old. Also will it make a difference that he in my cabin? Do I need a persmission slip?

Thanks

Marcy

OH, and he ask me the other day if he would get his passport stamped in St. Martin, (he's excited) first time using his passport.

Hi,

Going to ask you folks, because I've gotten two different answers from RCI.

My Son, his wife and my grandson and myself and going on a cruise on RCI in June 08 to St. Thomas, St. Martin.

My question is my grandson is on my reservation and in my cabin, but his parents are going and have the cabin next to ours. He has a passport, but is there anything else that we need to take for his ID? He is 9 years old. Also will it make a difference that he in my cabin? Do I need a persmission slip?

Thanks

Marcy

OH, and he ask me the other day if he would get his passport stamped in St. Martin, (he's excited) first time using his passport.

Marcy - we just got back from a cruise with our daughter, son-in-law and grandson. Our grandson flew down separately with us to FLL and we just had his passport (he is also 9). We met his mom & dad at the pier and we walked in together. He was also in a different room than his mom & dad. They just changed everything at the pier and gave him a seapass card with the correct cabin#. We never had to show anything, just his passport.

Our 9yr old also left with us and flew back home with us. Again, we just got off the ship with his passport and onto the plane. No problems.

So long as you and he check in at the same time as his parents then you should be absolutely fine.

Only issues may arise if he has a different surname to his parents [remarriage etc] then the parents would have to bring proof that they are his biological parents.

As long as you all check in together it won't be a problem. If he checks in with you and the parents aren't there, you will need a notarized letter from the parents giving you permission to take him out of the country. As for the passport stamp, I can't remember for sure where you have to go. They don't do it right at the pier. You have to find the U.S. Customs office (I think that's the place) and have it done there

Thank you all so much, yes we will all be together. They are driving from Georgia and I'm flying in from Tennessee and they will pick me up at the Orlando Airport the day before the cruise.

Thanks so much for all your information.

Marcy

Archived