Splendor/ any ship Spa stateroom questions

getawayguy

My wife and I will be going on our 3rd cruise on the new Splendor in Jan 09. Before, we have booked aft wrap cabins. it takes me all year just to save enough for the trip, but it has ALWAYS been well worth it.

The wife LOVES the whole spa thing and the "get-away" effect. can anyone that has been in a spa stateroom give any reviews of these types of rooms.. pro/cons etc.

Also just above the spa deck where our cabin will be is a "serenity" area. does anyone know what this is?

any feedback would be appreciated! our last cruises were on Carnival Legend 06 and Grand Princess 07. feel free to ask any feedback on either one.

love these boards by the way GREAT INFO and FRIENDLY crowd!

I do know it doesn't launch until July 08, but i was searching some other posts and ship layouts and there are other ships that have spa staterooms and a "serenity" area. I was more referring to those folks who had prior exp with that. i apologize for not being more clear :)

I can only tell you about the serenity area on the Princess line as I have not seen one on the Carnival line as of yet. But it was an adult only area, very peaceful could have drinks and relax and read a book. They were very strict about the adults only and we had to pay a $10.00 fee to use the area each time we went there.

Are you referring to the Cat 6E oceanview staterooms on the spa deck? If so, here's what #1102 looks like on Glory, wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling window right around the corner from spa/gym desk.

Glory22804024.jpg

In the case of the 6E rooms on the Splendor they ARE NOT THE SAME as the 6E rooms on other ships.

On the Splendor they are the forward obstructed ocean view staterooms on Panorama deck with Spa Stateroom Amenities.

The Splendor is the sister ship of Costa's Concordia and Costa Serena. In fact, any pictures that you see of the Splendor spa is actually pictures of Costa's ships. Since the Spa cabins on these ships are one of their main selling features I think you might find out a little more information by inquiring and looking around the Costa boards.

yeah, I caught the Costa Lines disclaimer on the pics from the Splendor site and I see the pic from earlier isn't going to be what is on the Splendor either, but I appreciate the input and its a great view regardless !!

I'll have a look at the Costa Lines site for some info. I'm pretty sure this board will be buzzin once she is actually launched and has people with cameras about.

lookin forward to July !!

Check here for deck plans, cabin details and more...

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Carnival/splendor.php

Thanks for posting that, Mach!! Had been wondering what the actual vertical order of deck names was for Carnival Splendor, since the CCL web site continues to have some incorrect info. When you get to the booking screens, and it shows the side view with the deck names, they are somewhat garbled, including listing an Admiral Deck. :confused: Pehaps that's what it's called on Costa, and no one ever got around to changing it for the CLL site.

Again, thanks!!

The Splendor is the sister ship of Costa's Concordia and Costa Serena. In fact, any pictures that you see of the Splendor spa is actually pictures of Costa's ships. Since the Spa cabins on these ships are one of their main selling features I think you might find out a little more information by inquiring and looking around the Costa boards.

I spent a lot of time looking for this type of information last weekend. There is not much there about the spa suites (although someone is booked for a Feb. cruise on Concordia and she said that she'll post a review).

It was a hard choice for me on whether to select a Spa Suite or regular Cat 11 suite on the Splendor. The difference in price was $1130. I know that I would enjoy the spa but my husband says he was not really going to use the spa much (for the record I went to the spa once on my last cruise because I received a "free" back and neck massage from Carnival for being one of the goofs who was selected to go on stage during the first show...It was nothing special....not even a full body massage...

Also all of the spa rooms are forward on high decks and it can get rocky up there depending on the seas...so I went with the regular Suite. I guess I didn't want to take the chance. Besides with my $575 (savings for one person) I could make a couple spa appointments;0)

I spent a lot of time looking for this type of information last weekend. There is not much there about the spa suites (although someone is booked for a Feb. cruise on Concordia and she said that she'll post a review).

It was a hard choice for me on whether to select a Spa Suite or regular Cat 11 suite on the Splendor. The difference in price was $1130. I know that I would enjoy the spa but my husband says he was not really going to use the spa much (for the record I went to the spa once on my last cruise because I received a "free" back and neck massage from Carnival for being one of the goofs who was selected to go on stage during the first show...It was nothing special....not even a full body massage...

Also all of the spa rooms are forward on high decks and it can get rocky up there depending on the seas...so I went with the regular Suite. I guess I didn't want to take the chance. Besides with my $575 (savings for one person) I could make a couple spa appointments;0)

Wow...when I booked our SS for July the price between a SS and a 12 was only $50. per person and between the 11 it was only like $100. per person, that's the reason I booked one. I figured it was worth that little difference to try it out. I did book one of the 2 that are under the salon rather than under the gym.

I'm hoping for rather calm seas.

My sister was telling me about the Spendour. As a matter of fact. 09 in January. 17th I beleive. It sounds interesting. Some kind of a deal. All Inclusive. Sounds too good to be true. I am waiting for more info on that. I am not a carnival guy. Princess, or HAL Or royal carribean. but if the price is right. and the new ship entices me. It might be worth looking into. Semper Fi

My sister was telling me about the Spendour. As a matter of fact. 09 in January. 17th I beleive. It sounds interesting. Some kind of a deal. All Inclusive. Sounds too good to be true. I am waiting for more info on that. I am not a carnival guy. Princess, or HAL Or royal carribean. but if the price is right. and the new ship entices me. It might be worth looking into. Semper Fi

Spendour. I am not a carnival guy. Princess, or HAL Or royal carribean. but if the price is right. and the new ship entices me. It might be worth looking into. Semper Fi

:D We're more HAL people too, but a new ship, coming to the west coast for a time, and great price on an aft wrap balcony got me.

We're booked on Team Splendor April 2009.

Pat

Belle907,

You'll have to tell me ALL about your experience with the spa room!;0)

For my sailing on 12/23, the difference between the suite categories (12, SS, 11) is $330pp,which totals $660 per cabin.

But to be fair I came to the $1150 difference because of both the $330pp difference between the Cat 11 and SS AND the fact that only the Cat 11 is eligible for my hubby's millitary discount of about $245 pp .

If it was only a $100pp difference I would jump on it and would not look back;0) I would get $100 -$200 out of just hanging in the thermal spa;0)

Archived