For all those who have booked or are going to book the AOS - read this!

ckrobyn

Hey there--does anyone on here have past versions of the Compass for the AOS-Aruba route that I can see? We are going in October 2009, and I am just trying to figure a few things out beforehand! thanks so much!!

Snowbuddy- I should have the whole set from my May 09 sailing. contact me directly at JEFARL@aol.com with subject line "AOS compass request"

jef

thanks robmab...have you written your review yet?....where was the salsa music & dancing on your sailing?.........and do you check for price drops on the RCCL website?...I have my reservation with a TA..do i call her?...sorry im a newbie to RCLL:D

Hey there! We were recently on AoS and the blue moon lounge on deck 14 had latin music every night.

If anyone happens to have any recent compasses or info for the Barbados route (specifically after they added St. Croix to the itinerary), I would love to see them. It seems so much of the info and reviews available are for the Aruba route!

Thank you!

Sarah

Hey there--does anyone on here have past versions of the Compass for the AOS-Aruba route that I can see? We are going in October 2009, and I am just trying to figure a few things out beforehand! thanks so much!!

I leave on July 12th and I plan on bringing every one of mine home, scanning them in and providing them to everyone. I have searched and searched for them and could not find them... so, I figured others were doing the same. Just hang on and they will be available around July 22nd... promise.

If anyone happens to have any recent compasses or info for the Barbados route (specifically after they added St. Croix to the itinerary), I would love to see them. It seems so much of the info and reviews available are for the Aruba route!

Thank you!

Sarah

I'm with you!!

We were on the Barbados route Jun7. And while I usually write a review (and even have some notes jotted down) something about heat and work have me way under-motivated to get em published.

We missed St. Lucia/Antigua, so our Compasses would be abit off anyway. But you know, there was nothing super-new about them. The cruise was just as we have come to expect.

I would be happy to answer any specific questions.

Robyn...thankyou for starting this thread and to all of the others for keeping it going. I have gained so much info.

Until later, Anna:)

Anna - you are so very welcome! :D

I think by now everyone knows that the AOS is my all time favorite ship in the RCI fleet ;)

I am also thrilled to announce that I am going to doing a B2B in March!!! I am very excited to be able to experience each itinerary! This will be my 3rd B2B on the AOS and it gets better every time :)

I am interested in hearing from anyone who has been to Dominica.....not sure what to do there? I will check it out on the Ports of Call board too.

Happy Sailing!

I know this is a fairly old thread but nothing is going to keep me from the Adventure. I have been trying to fit this in my schedule for three years and my day is finally coming. I can't wait!!! :D

It may be a fairly old thread......but the AOS fans keeping finding it and bringing it back to the top! :) It is one of the most viewed and responded to threads on CC!!!!

...I am interested in hearing from anyone who has been to Dominica.....not sure what to do there? I will check it out on the Ports of Call board too.....

We were on AOS in Dominica just last week. I really enjoyed it, but it had a different flavor than other stops. It is not nearly as commercially developed as most other stops. The shops were really only lines of tents around the blocks immediately next to the ship.

We took a taxi on our own (decent shape van with air) to see Trafalgar Falls, a brief stop at a sulfur spring, and a drive through the Botanical Gardens. It cost $25 pp for a family of four, and the falls cost $5 pp for admission. It was very lush and pretty all over. The driver was great (friendly, informative, accommodating). It was crowded at the falls with only our ship in port, so I would go early or later.

I also was considering Emerald Pool, but we had 2 kids along and the drive would have been longer.

I know this is a fairly old thread but nothing is going to keep me from the Adventure. I have been trying to fit this in my schedule for three years and my day is finally coming. I can't wait!!! :D

I had for many years avoided this cruise due to what I have read on this board. This turned out to be one of my best cruises to date. The ship was great along with the ports. Loved Aruba.:)

I had for many years avoided this cruise due to what I have read on this board. This turned out to be one of my best cruises to date. The ship was great along with the ports. Loved Aruba.:)

Music to my ears :D

Congrats to all the posters (especially CKRobyn for starting the thread) for this thread reaching the 100 page mark. It's obvious that AOS is one of the most enjoyed cruise ships anywhere. We'll be enjoying our second cruise aboard her next February. Keep up the good work! :)

I am interested in hearing from anyone who has been to Dominica.....not sure what to do there? I will check it out on the Ports of Call board too.

Happy Sailing!

We will be on AOS on july . I have found wonderful guide in Dominica that I have been following on the Facebook,he posts pictures of his beautiful island everyday.We will be taking a full day tour with him.

here is his website : http://www.woodydominica.shutterfly.com

Hope this helps.

We found a great itin similar to AOS on a beautiful ship, MSC Poesia. It has been our pleasure sailing her sister ship in the caribbean.The shows...like no other in all of our RCI or X cruises. By far, outstanding. For the poster that said they wish rci would sail out of FLL to these more southern ports, look at Poesia in Nov / Dec of this year. That is where they are going, and they are out of FLL. If you want more specific info on this cruise line I have all my dailies and tons of info on our best cruise ever! I have done 8 RCI cruises and liked them, but got a bit bored with the same old menu, and the same old games...

We went to Dominica last year and enjoyed the port. We took a tour to the hot springs...three different "pools" at different natural temps. Very relaxing. Went up into the hills quite a bit. Also swam in a gorge where Pirates of the Caribbean was filmed. We were served fresh fruit and coconut The roads are narrow going up and wind and curve but we loved our tour. Very little actual shops as someone has already posted. Many vendors with tables and tents. You will find an outdoor market that the locals get their produce and fish from. You will also see the "crew" bringing on KFC takeout. A change of pace for them. We are looking forward to going back.

Anna:)

We are sailing on the AOS in September and wonder if anyone has copies of the Aruba itinerary Cruise Compass they would be willing to share.

I did have the scanned compasses......lemme check and I will let you know if I still have them???

Hey can we keep this on the first page...it a while to find it:p...........ok i asked this question somewhere else but since this is THE page for aos, ill ask here too....when is the best time to board the AOS, i will have late check out at my hotel and want to go when the lines are shorter....

Also how do i make reservations for the mystery dinner?

thanks............

By the way where is Toonjie, he doesnt visit here anymore:(

Good thing we still have Robyn...

Archived